Honey or Cognac spy?

Chloe*Starlet

Too Juicy For You...
May 9, 2006
As some of you may know about my long winded trauma with Fendi, I now have another dilemma to throw in the mix! :rolleyes:
I am waiting for the honey to come back in stock, but they have cognacs already in store. I have only seen the cognac on Keira Knightley and cannot remember it all that clearly, so if anyone here has the cognac, can you pretty please post pics for me to compare?!
Also, any opinions on what colour you think would be most versatile in terms of use would be much appreciated.
I have heard that there seems to be a lot of issues regarding colour 'rub'off' with the cognac. Has any cognac owner experienced this?
Many thanks in advance sweeties! :flowers:

I sold my cognac to a PFer and I loved it! I miss not having a spy so much that I'm thinking of getting the choco one. Both are beautiful colors that seem to go with everything!!

What you need to know about the cognac is that the leather is made different from the other spys. Its made to wear like old vintage leather.

After a while it will take on a worn, wrinkled, crackled appearance.

This is great for those who love that look but its not so great if you don't like the look of a worn bag.

Talk to a Fendi sales person and they can tell you about it. A lot of people don't know that the cognac bags are made this way.
Especially SA in the department stores. They don't have a clue.
Go to Fendi.

I say go for the honey ;)

If you love honey, go for it. Don't worry if Cognac is in stock. I had the same dilemma when I was waiting to purchase my dark brown spy. They didn't have it but there was cognac. I finally decided that the dark brown will wear better and so waited 2 months for it.

I know everyone has been choosing the honey but I still prefer the cognac. I went to Holt Renfrew today and had my cognac spy w/ me. HR had a honey spy and a black spy in stock ... so I put my cognac side by side the honey and I still liked the cognac more. The honey is beautiful but you have to choose the color you love the most. The spy is beautiful in all colors IMO.

i was dying to get my hands on a cognac, but settled for a chocolate (which by the way, i love!!). i think the cognac is a beauty...however, i've heard there has been lots of issued with color transfer with the older cognacs. you might be better off waiting for the honey, or confirming that the cognac is a newer one.

btw--did you have any luck talking with a manager?