Honest advice on this birkin!

The HAC is a nice alternative to the Birkin. That seller is fabulous. I've bought from them and been extremely pleased. They are very detailed and honest in descriptions.

Hello Rockerchic-

I am late in the discussion but my opinion is to probably wait for the size that would work for you best - esp at the amount you have to pay.

I own/owned 30, 32, 35cms. (Am resisting the 25cm!). I am 5'4" and my wrists and arms are skinny. I did find the HAC a little hard to carry since I like to carry my bag on my arm rather than carry with my hand esp, when I am shopping. This is something to consider.

I have since sold 4 of my HACs and have found (I think) is the right balance. I use 30cm when I have to go shopping since the smaller size prevents me from overstuffing it and making it too heavy to carry. As for the 35cm, I use it when I know I am not going to be doing a lot of walking around - exception : the 35cm is great for traveling!

Good luck with your search!

I know I'm late to this discussion as well, but I'm very partial to the 32 HAC so I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I feel that most people's opinion of this size are based on their height and whether they constantly battle the 30 vs. 35 decision - if you're in the middle, you're more likely to appreciate the 32's versatility. I own all 3 and gravitate toward the HAC's quite often for their sheer ability to balance both needs well.

The only issue is the handle and I don't find that to be a deal-breaker. If you have even reasonably small wrists, you can easily use it over the forearm with a sweater or light jacket. It's much more difficult over a heavy coat or leather jacket obviously, but you can still fit it over the wrist and just sort of push the sleeve of the jacket up.

If you're in freezing weather a lot of the year, this will matter to you. But if not, the benefits of this size far overweigh that one issue IMO. It's worth a try-out if any of this applies to you - you may find that you love it.

How much larger is the handle drop in a 32 versus a 28? I tried a 28 and could not get my hand through the loop so haven't even tried a 32.

Night and day! The 28 is teeny-tiny and you absolutely can't get your hand through. (Usually when the HAC is discussed, they are talked about interchangeably and they shouldn't be.) The 32 is a considerably larger bag overall and the drop is enough to make a difference.

I agree that 32 is the best size for the HAC & it's handy that it's big enough for a mag (as per SM's lovely pix). However, I think you're right to wait if you want to make sure that the bag can be carried in the crook of your arm. Otherwise that one little thing will continue to annoy after the initial glow of the purchase has waned.

If I could just say one thing about the HAC that may make it desirable, it is that the proportions have the effect of lengthening you = make you look taller & thinner. This is because the bag is longer than it is wide (unlike regular birkin). For anyone who feels overweight and is worried about carrying a big, wide 35 birkin (which can add bulk on some of us :sweatdrop: ), you may want to try the HAC and see if it suits better.

^ xquisite: I completely agree with you on that and forgot to mention it. As you said, the HAC gives an optical illusion to make you look taller and thinner, where the depth of the 35 seems to add bulk and the 30 can sometimes make you "feel" larger.

As with everything, it's completely personal preference so Rockerchic, you'll just want to take everything into consideration in order to know what suits you best.

What are you looking for, RockerChic? 35 ... Color, leather, hardware? Will keep a lookout for you. :yes:

You all are the best!! Oh I wish I could have all three sizes!! Maybe someday!
Airmess, i am leaning toward a 35 in a neutral color (gold, black, dark blue, brown) with gold hardware in a durable leather like togo (other leathers are fine as long as I wouldn't have to be too fussy with it...just not familiar with all the leathers yet!)

RC

I hope these comparison pics below help - I have a black box HAC with gold hardware that is one of my favourites, it is such a classy elegant look and I love the added height .... Shopmom has a gorgeous HAC with palladium hardware, equally as stunning ..... (the bag is not bad either!!):yahoo:

Having bought a bag from this particular seller myself, she is excellent - her bags are exactly as described and shipping is fast and accommodating

1st pic = 30cm vs. 32cm

HAC32cmvs30cmBirkinangle.jpg

Below = 35cm Clemence, 32cm Box & 30cm Togo

3Birkinsangledfront.jpg

Below = Different sizes in terms of height
HAC35cm32cmBirkins.jpg

4birkinsforsizecomparison.jpg

Kellys, HAC & Birkins in terms of height & width
AllBlackHBagscomparisonpic.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m80/flossyfigaro1/HAC35cm32cmBirkins.jpg