Holly Madison, Hugh Hefner, Bridget Marquardt and Kendra Wilkinson

i think kendra is faking her new show is about lerning to wash her clothing and lern how to cook and lern to pay her own bills didnt she do all that before hef i mean her mom is a single mom so im sure kendra had to help out some with cleaning and cooking and such i would think

Monday, February 09, 2009
Bridget Marquardt Steps Out with Her New Man

With all of the fun and fanfare of Grammy night, Bridget Marquardt was keen to get in on the action. And she brought a new gentleman caller along for the ride.
The “Girls Next Door” babe looked super hot in a plunging neckline purple dress with long cascading blonde locks and a pair of sexy peep-toe heels.

With her new beau in tow, Bridget headed over to the Us Weekly/Russell Simmons “Salute to the Grammy Nominees” shindig, held at a private Beverly Hills mansion.

bridget-marquardt-289-3.jpg

bridget-marquardt-289-5.jpg

bridget-marquardt-289-2.jpg

bridget-marquardt-289-1.jpg

Bridget looks great and I'm happy for her! Her new beau is Nick Carpenter. He's a director (worked with Bridget on "The Telling" - Bridget's horror flick they showed on a recent GND episode) and previously dated Marisa Tomei. According to sources, they've been dating since September 2008, but wanted to keep the relationship under wraps.

i highly doubt it was in the six figures.

playboy is notoriously cheap for everything from photographers to stylists. their contract writers are probably the best paid of the bunch, and that's probably only because they're on contract (not salary like some of the other employees). i do not know what the average playmate is paid, but i do know the cybergirls on the site are paid peanuts (i think 1k?). it's more about getting to be apart of the playboy family and all of the perks that come with that (parties, etc., definitely not $$$). jenny mccarthy is very vocal about how much money playboy made off of her and how little she was compensated in retrospect.

I too would seriously doubt that the photo editor position paid six figures. A "regular" playmate gets $25K. PMOY gets $100K, plus a car and I believe a motorcycle or something. I think the 55th Anniversary Playmate got $50K, so double the standard amount.

Here's an interesting article from Kevin Burns, Executive Producer of the show:

A few answers:

As far as a "time line" goes, all we know is that Holly is/was a Criss Angel fan going way back. Her interest in him got stronger when she guested on his show more than a year ago. The Mardi Gras episode was actually the very first "Season Five" episode to be filmed. The fact is, after Season Four (which was short) and "House Bunnies" the Girls had been taping pretty much non-stop since March 2006. Everyone (including my staff) was exhausted. We really didn't want to go back in production until March or April -- even though we expected to be back on the air with the "20 episodes" in July or August (it turned out to be October). Nevertheless, it was Holly who was eager to start taping again, She also wanted us to follow her 55th Anniversary Playmate search, etc. (which began in January). (This was also about the time Holly found out that she and Hef probably couldn't have a child together.)

Kendra was also impatient to start filming. She had made it clear to us (and Hef) that she wanted to leave the Mansion at the end of Season Five. Once Hef and Holly became a serious couple, Kendra felt that the only thing keeping her at the Mansion was the show (and her fears of "the real world.") She wanted to date and get on with her life. She had an agent and was trying to pitch ideas for her own show, etc. (Hef gave his blessing to all of this.)

Frankly, I think the prospect of Kendra's leaving made Holly and Bridget examine their own plans for the future. Bridget got involved with her radio show, trapeze, the horror movie and then -- bingo, I had an offer from the Travel Channel to do a series on "The World's Sexiest Beaches" and I suggested Bridget would be perfect to host it. Bridget was thrilled when the network agreed.

With Bridget and Kendra now focused on new prospects, Holly became depressed that her future with Hef wasn't turning out as she'd hoped. The 55th Anniversary search was going well, and her job at the studio was stimulating her -- but Holly was now eager to get a show of her own, too.

During the summer, Holly had several meetings with us (at Prometheus) and we developed some cool ideas. One was called "Studio West", where we'd follow Holly's adventures with aspiring Playmates. ("Go West, Young Girl" was kind of a pilot for this idea. "Pleading the 55th" was another version of it.) The network (E!) was interested, but the feeling was that with Kendra gone -- and Bridget possibly moving out at the end of Season Six -- Holly's job at the studio would probably become the focus of GND.

Frustrated and impatient, Holly focused on the 55th Playmate search. What we didn't know (and neither did he) was that she was falling out of love with Hef. Starting in the spring (according to her) her interest in Criss Angel was becoming a fixation. She sought opportunities to meet him (at Hef's birthday party) and communicate with him (she invited him for 4th of July). Just when the romance started, we don't know. Our guess would be July, just about the time Kendra became involved with Hank and Bridget began pre-production on her movie (where she met her current boyfriend).

The **** really hit the fan when the candidates came out for the 55th Playmate shoot. There was lots of drama and tension behind the scenes. Holly and Hef had a big argument involving one of the candidates -- who had broken one of Hef's biggest rules by inviting a boyfriend to sleep over with her at Mapleton House. We think that was the final straw.

After that, Holly was suggesting to me and members of my staff that she was "over" Hef and that her feelings had started back in January, etc. It was then (in August) that rumors first circulated that Holly was taking trips to Vegas in order to meet up with Criss. (Holly would deny this to Hef when first confronted.)

Then, it happened. Just weeks before the premiere of Season Five -- Holly and Hef split. We had already filmed all 20 of the Season Five shows and were editing them. (The Scuba episode and "Third Time's the Charming" -- the two that air this coming Sunday -- were the last two "official" GND episodes of the Season Five order.)

What were we going to do? We always knew that Kendra's departure would be a big deal -- but now the entire "family" was breaking up. (This was happening as E! was negotiating for Season Six and a Kendra spin-off.) Bridget was also blind-sided. She was pretty much happy to stay with Holly and Hef and had no plans to leave.

The original plan was to have Season Five end with Kendra's departure, to be immediately followed by her own show. (We didn't know about Hank or the engagement when we sold this idea to E!) Holly and Bridget would "guest" on Kendra's show and then Kendra would "guest" in Season Six, etc.

No such luck.

In the wake of Holly's announcement, we scrambled to put the pieces together for what became the one-hour season finale ("Transitions" Part 1 & 2). The challenge was to tell the story without putting blame on anyone -- or closing any doors. At the time we filmed this (in December), Holly had moved out of Hef's bedroom, but not out of the Mansion. Bridget was leaving to do her Travel Channel series (now called, "Bridget's Sexiest Beaches") and Kendra was moving out (as we'd expected).

As for the infamous "twins", Holly encouraged that relationship so that Hef wouldn't be too lonely. Since then, Hef has recovered from the breakup (he was devastated) and begun dating again. As Season Six (ten episodes) is slated to begin in September, you can imagine that we're not eager to begin filming too early. We think April or May will be time enough for the "dust" to settle and find out just who we will be working with.

Remember, "The Girls Next Door" is and was always intended to be a show about the women who live and play at the Playboy Mansion. It's about the women in Hef's life. When the women change, so does the show. If it works, it works. If not...? Well, it was fun while it lasted.

But don't worry. Kendra's show will include Holly and Bridget. Season Six will feature HBK as often as their schedules permit. Hef's world is a pretty big one, and although there are lots of open wounds right now, they heal quickly.

It will remain our job to keep up with all of this, and keep turning out the very best show possible.

By the way, with "Transitions" we will have successfully produced 80 half-hours of GND! After Season Six (and Kendra's first season) it will be close to 100! That's an incredible milestone for any series. It's a miracle for a reality show.

We owe this to you guys -- the fans of GND. Thank you.

(Oh... and, by the way: We have NOTHING to do with the E! promos. The network is in charge of how they advertise and promote the series. Don't blame us!)

Regards,
Kevin Burns
EP, GND

after reading that im not going to say what i think about holly so she is dating hef but likes chris so she waits till chirs likes her back before dumping hef i do not want to make any fans mad so i will keep the name that im thinging of to my self holly h

after reading that im not going to say what i think about holly so she is dating hef but likes chris so she waits till chirs likes her back before dumping hef i do not want to make any fans mad so i will keep the name that im thinging of to my self holly h

pollinilove: can you please use some form of punctuation in your posts? I find myself going cross-eyed trying to read them.

My personal opinion (shared by some other fans) is that the producers aren't happy with Holly for 'breaking up the family' and essentially taking away the basis for their show. They have to know that most fans are not going to watch GND without the original 3 girls. That would explain some of the anti-Holly negative vibes given off by those comments by the show's EP.