Holly Madison, Hugh Hefner, Bridget Marquardt and Kendra Wilkinson

Paywalled.

But I’m glad the women have been coming out to document their experiences with Hefner. I’ve been following Holly Madison and it blows my mind the things they went through. Hef was a gross old man.

Sorry.this should work:flowers:

This worked. Thank you 😊

I highly recommend Holly’s podcast, Girls Next Level. She and Bridget talk about their experience on the show Girls Next Door and their time with Hef. So good!

Paywalled.

But I’m glad the women have been coming out to document their experiences with Hefner. I’ve been following Holly Madison and it blows my mind the things they went through. Hef was a gross old man.
Were they held captive? Didn't they enjoy the limelight and the money and fame and now, when things are quiet and perhaps boring, they try to return with stories about how horrible it was?

Were they held captive? Didn't they enjoy the limelight and the money and fame and now, when things are quiet and perhaps boring, they try to return with stories about how horrible it was?

Way more complicated than that. And I can see how on the surface one would think that.

Once you start reading about the decades of disgusting behavior from Hef and the things that went down at the mansion… Toxic, manipulative, controlling, and exploitative.

For most women it would be easy to avoid getting involved with Hef or living at the mansion. For those who did… Lots of books and interviews that deep dive into why they were there and why it was difficult to leave.

Reactions: uhpharm01 and limom
They were under psychological emprise as most of them, were fragile young women from broken families.
It is not like the grown women who went there to party of their own volition and to advance their careers, it is pure exploitation, imo.
It is great that the survivors decide to speak out because it let the others know that they are not crazy/weak and give warning to other lost people.
Not everyone can be strong and feisty out of the womb.

They were under psychological emprise as most of them, were fragile young women from broken families.
It is not like the grown women who went there to party of their own volition and to advance their careers, it is pure exploitation, imo.
It is great that the survivors decide to speak out because it let the others know that they are not crazy/weak and give warning to other lost people.
Not everyone can be strong and feisty out of the womb.
Survivors? They were thrilled until the fame ran out.

I agree, not everyone can be strong and feisty out of the womb, yet most would not whore themselves out to a man 60 years older who was a drug addict, controlled their lives, bad at sex and lived in squalor and disease. All to be on a TV show.

Reactions: RueMonge
Survivors? They were thrilled until the fame ran out.

I agree, not everyone can be strong and feisty out of the womb, yet most would not whore themselves out to a man 60 years older who was addicted to drugs, controlled their lives, was bad at sex, and lived in squalor and disease.
He was a pimp. Plain and simple.
One of his longtime girlfriends spoke about her situation and she only realized years later what went on.
It was weird. Like they were in a cult and in trance.
Were the girls perfect people?
Nope but they had zero power and got caught in the lifestyle.
Lot of shame and regrets.