Hermes Vintage Bag Nightmares & Hermes Leather Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docride, you are a goddess. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge! What has been most fun with my H obsession is learning about all these materials (and their care).

Where can I find the Amoral stuff to treat coated canvas? I have a gorgeous vintage Goyard train case that's coated hemp. The wax coat on the lid has been worn off a bit -- not totally, but there's definitely a bald patch!

Docride...thanks so much for your thread. What do you think of Neutral Meltonian Creme for boxcalf.

Box Calf Rx:

Hello, I do like Meltonian but I only use it in the colored variety for corner touch ups..I prefer by far Blackrock's Leather N Rich on Box Calf; Blackrocks is clear and unlike Meltonian it does not smell or just lay there on top leaving residue..giving little moisture/conditioning to the leather itself... So personally if say i had a Black Box Calf bag for instance, I would treat it first to a couple of Blackrocks' treatments(to conditioner and clean her up and then let her rest and after a buffing then use Meltonian clear (I wouldn't i would just buff her out at this point ) on top or Melatonian Black only on the rubbed and discolored areas. (if needed) and clear meltonian over this (or blackrocks )then buff her out. I hope this answers you question? Thank youf or writing. Kind regards,doc

Last edited:
Docride, you are a goddess. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge! What has been most fun with my H obsession is learning about all these materials (and their care).

Where can I find the Amoral stuff to treat coated canvas? I have a gorgeous vintage Goyard train case that's coated hemp. The wax coat on the lid has been worn off a bit -- not totally, but there's definitely a bald patch!

Coated canvas Rx:
Thank you for writing my friend ! and this is a good question...Armoral is just found in most auto sections in your local hardware store,or super Market maybe my spelling is wrong..but it is used on vinyl and rubber to restore and clean it for car interiors I would use this first . However an expensive bag with little top coat present as you say may do well with a professional product. I recomend
FIEBING'S Acrylic Resolene which is made for leather craftsmen but I do not use it on leather it is great on coated canvas though! This will put a better and thicker coating on top. You can just google it up or buy it on ebay... I hope this helps you? Also get some wool daubers for application of the product.
If you need any help when the products arrive just ask and I'll help you :o)

Coated Canvas Rx:
I like Amoral for a quick fix and it can purchased in the automotive section of most grocery stores and chain stores it is used on Car interiors. Then if you still have a major bald spot or your would like a better thicker top coat I would recomend FIEBINGS Acrylic Resolene just google and find who's selling it. also pick up wool daubers for application. If you need help when it arrives just ask and I'll guide you through it :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.