Hermes Princeton

MSimis

May 2, 2007
Hermès To Open New Store At Palmer Square Princeton
The family-run luxury retailer has entered into a lease agreement for 17 Palmer Square.

PRINCETON, NJ —French luxury goods manufacturer, Hermès Paris, will be opening a new store in Palmer Square, Princeton.

The family-run luxury retailer has entered into a lease agreement for 17 Palmer Square. The space was previously occupied by Ann Taylor, which closed earlier this year.

This news comes as a major boost for Princeton, which saw many stores close in 2020 during the pandemic.

"We are thrilled that Hermès has selected Palmer Square as their next destination," said Lori Rabon, Vice President of Palmer Square.

"Their high-quality product, social responsibility and long-standing commitment to the communities in which they operate will not only enhance the downtown Princeton experience but contribute to the overall character of the town."

The 6,155-square-feet retail store is expected to open in the Fall of 2023.

Founded in 1837, Hermès Paris creates luxury goods like bags, perfumes, scarves etc. They have a network of 306 stores in 45 countries, with a majority of its production in France.

Wow!! I’m a little surprised though, because there aren’t too many luxury retailers or even chain shops in the area. I’m also curious to see how H will fit into Princeton’s preppy but nerdy vibe.

Anyone here visit yet? Staff nice? Will be in the vicinity and thought it would be nice to pick up a couple small gifts and see if they have a non qb I’ve been after available.