Hermes personalization

I was fortunate enough to be on holiday and popped into a local store where there was a craftsperson making a sanguine jypsiere. She showed me how to do a slanted saddle stitch and let me do a row of stitches on some scraps of leather and then let me stamp my own bag. I could choose from a variety of sizes of letters but as I only had 3/4 inch to play with I went small. I stamped my initials on the inside flap on a lizard Kelly pochette on the lambskin. I also has a bolide with me so did the end tab on that too. I am quite sure this wasn't a usual experience but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

IMG_4489.jpg

Reactions: Christofle
I was fortunate enough to be on holiday and popped into a local store where there was a craftsperson making a sanguine jypsiere. She showed me how to do a slanted saddle stitch and let me do a row of stitches on some scraps of leather and then let me stamp my own bag. I could choose from a variety of sizes of letters but as I only had 3/4 inch to play with I went small. I stamped my initials on the inside flap on a lizard Kelly pochette on the lambskin. I also has a bolide with me so did the end tab on that too. I am quite sure this wasn't a usual experience but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

View attachment 2268748
Wow, it seems you had great time ! Congrats on the DIY !!!:tup:

View attachment 2268748

Wow, what a fantastic opportunity! Sounds like you had great fun

Wow, what a fantastic opportunity! Sounds like you had great fun

Ms Birkin, had I had more bags with me I would have really got carried away.

Also, it made me realise that stitching a bag is a craft. I managed about 9 stitches and had to stop as my fingers were blistering. I still can't see where H get their prices (although that never stops me buying more) but I understand why they last so long as they are so well made.

Okay guys so today I decided to visit my local hermes and inquire about hotstamping, I showed the SA a pic of a clover keychain that's been stamped with small initials and colours, and I was surprised when she said that she believe Australia does hotstamping differently, that it only comes in one size and no colour and they never hotstamping leather goods apart from an agenda cover, and that's all about it. I'm pretty disappointed how they're so behind and limited with what they could offer to customers, if other hermes stores can do it I don't understand why they can't and as to why they strictly only offer the service for agendas and nothing else, even cardholders aren't included. I left the shop disappointed.

Okay guys so today I decided to visit my local hermes and inquire about hotstamping, I showed the SA a pic of a clover keychain that's been stamped with small initials and colours, and I was surprised when she said that she believe Australia does hotstamping differently, that it only comes in one size and no colour and they never hotstamping leather goods apart from an agenda cover, and that's all about it. I'm pretty disappointed how they're so behind and limited with what they could offer to customers, if other hermes stores can do it I don't understand why they can't and as to why they strictly only offer the service for agendas and nothing else, even cardholders aren't included. I left the shop disappointed.

It's only hot stamping with metal plate. I am sure a good local leather craftsperson could do it for you. I wouldn't go down this route on a bag but SLG's I would be happy to try.

This is true for the Brisbane store (my home store aswell). One size, no silver or gold. I got my ulysses stamped. It was sent to sydney and back in my hands in a week. Don't forget aus is very far behind in most areas when it comes to hermes, not just stamping.

This is true for the Brisbane store (my home store aswell). One size, no silver or gold. I got my ulysses stamped. It was sent to sydney and back in my hands in a week. Don't forget aus is very far behind in most areas when it comes to hermes, not just stamping.

yeah I agree and I think it's not just hermes as far as designer brands are concerned.

Your friend with the clover charm seems like the coolest guy ever, does the charm look like this CMGBuddy? ;)

Attachments

• Photo 25-07-2013 15 16 37.jpg
    Photo 25-07-2013 15 16 37.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 975