Hermes Miami (Design District)

I was visiting Miami and stopped in the store. I had quite a long conversation with an SA and they told me that most of the staff was new and that their manager said because the staff were new, they were only allowed to offer certain bags to clients. This SA specifically gave an example of a MK and B25 saying they were not allowed to offer coveted bags. I don't know if this was under the previous manager but this was about a month ago. To add, I was not looking or asking for a bag (so I don't think the SA was trying to just tell me no) we just started chatting about Hermes tea lol.

I know it’s a competitive store and quota bags are hard to come by, but what are the odds of snagging a canvas herbag as a walk in with no prior relationship? Not interested in playing the game but I’m local and want a herbag at some point. Would aventura be better? Or I think there’s one in palm beach?
Might be a wee bit tough. Though I did see a large one in the glass case so at the DD store a few months ago. I think the store is in short supply rn.

Tbh, would buy on the online H store, they always have a drop of Herbags in the mornings.

Reactions: chromemilou
What are things like now that the Management has changed? I’ve honestly been apprehensive to shop there since that news came out. I had spent over a year investing in an SA relationship that didn’t pan out and now I feel like I’m at square one. Makes me wonder how I’d even start from scratch. Zero QB to my name.

Hey all! Sounds like long waits for QB is the theme at DD? I have a great SA there that is super responsive and has gotten me items I’ve really wanted and love. However he wasn’t able to come through with a QB for a birthday like I’d hoped. I’ve been shopping since early this year, do I stick around and keep spending? Is the situation expected to change with the manager changes? Thanks for any advice!

Hey all! Sounds like long waits for QB is the theme at DD? I have a great SA there that is super responsive and has gotten me items I’ve really wanted and love. However he wasn’t able to come through with a QB for a birthday like I’d hoped. I’ve been shopping since early this year, do I stick around and keep spending? Is the situation expected to change with the manager changes? Thanks for any advice!
I’d suggest you research more on tPF. A year is not generally typical to be expecting a QB offer from your SA. Or you may find buying on the secondary market iss a better strategy for you.