Hermes Medor watch...

i want to clear a couple things up on this post. i bought a green medor from a stylist friend a week ago and had it checked out at the hermes store on 62nd and madison before my purchase because the information about fakes is misleading here. this is what i found out:
• the water resistant imprint IS on the back of my watch
• the serial number is only 5 digits (this varies per edition)
• the e and the m engraved on the side of the watch face have a slightly odd wide space between them
• it came in a hologer box - grey. this is the olf box they used to be packaged in
• it opens from the top - it's dated circa 96 / authenticated sales card and the older watches open this way
if you have nay questions about yours feel free to contact me and i can send you photos or tell you what else i learned

For some reason, you don't have a pm option. Can you check your options because I would like to pm you.

Hey ladies! I have just discoverd the Medor watch and want to get one! I looked at the Hermes website and it only has the tan strap/ silver hardware combination. I would like to find one with a black strap and possibly gold hardware. It sounds like this combination is an older model? Is the only place to find that on ebay? I would be a little nervous that I wouldnt end up finding an authentic one there and would prefer buying it somewhere else if it is possible....

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Hey ladies! I have just discoverd the Medor watch and want to get one! I looked at the Hermes website and it only has the tan strap/ silver hardware combination. I would like to find one with a black strap and possibly gold hardware. It sounds like this combination is an older model? Is the only place to find that on ebay? I would be a little nervous that I wouldnt end up finding an authentic one there and would prefer buying it somewhere else if it is possible....

Thanks for your help!!!!!

They still do black w/ gold hardware. If you dont have a H boutique near you, you can go to a watch place that is an authorized Hermes watch dealer and they could probably order it for you. Some Saks Fifth and Neiman Marcus also carries H watches

Today I received a beautiful Medor (gold) watch from an ebay seller recommended here on the H forum. I compared it to a new Medor (stainless) in the boutique, and there is a difference with the screws on the back of the band that hold the side pyramid studs in place. On my watch there are tiny stainless screws on the back on the band. On the boutique watch, there is also a stainless "H", and the screws are on each end of H.

Does anyone have an older Medor???? What does the back of the band look like?

(P.S. I posted a link to the auction on the authentication thread, but I didn't get any feedback.)

Hi bbbochap,

Did you happen to purchase your Medor from ebay seller "gem_mail"? I'm looking at a Medor he has listed now and he didn't answer my question about whether he had the Hermes servicing receipt, even though he said he got the new battery put in there.

Thanks!!! :smile:

its been so many months and i am lookign at his ebay posting now.. is this the one u were on the lookout as well???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300227769007&_trksid=p2759.l1259

its been so many months and i am lookign at his ebay posting now.. is this the one u were on the lookout as well???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300227769007&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Hi!

I did get my medor watch from gem_mail.

& a few others have PMed me abt this seller & they have also bought their watches from him.

Like i mentioned again, I cannot vouch for this seller 100% so please buy with caution & do the necessary to authenticate the watch when you receive it.

HTH! :biggrin:

Today I received a beautiful Medor (gold) watch from an ebay seller recommended here on the H forum. I compared it to a new Medor (stainless) in the boutique, and there is a difference with the screws on the back of the band that hold the side pyramid studs in place. On my watch there are tiny stainless screws on the back on the band. On the boutique watch, there is also a stainless "H", and the screws are on each end of H.

Does anyone have an older Medor???? What does the back of the band look like?

(P.S. I posted a link to the auction on the authentication thread, but I didn't get any feedback.)

at the back of the band, the new medor watch does look different from the older medor watch..

if i recall correctly, the new ones have this H logo with screws, however the older ones are not the same.

the one i have is the older version.

anyhow, i urge you to bring the watch down to hermes store & get it serviced = this is the best way to authenticate your medor watch & get a peace of mind. :biggrin:

at the back of the band, the new medor watch does look different from the older medor watch..

if i recall correctly, the new ones have this H logo with screws, however the older ones are not the same.

the one i have is the older version.

anyhow, i urge you to bring the watch down to hermes store & get it serviced = this is the best way to authenticate your medor watch & get a peace of mind. :biggrin:

Hello bbbochap, thank for your visit and have transcation with you on ebay. According to my experience of the Hermes medor watch.
The Gold medor watch are 99.9% are old version
And they are open from bottom to the top, on the back muct have serial number, round Hermes stamp , water resistance , Swiss. The leather strap are marked "Hermes" and a letter showing the years of produce. But some old version leather strap show the word "Horloger".
And my best and realizable way to check all my watch selling on ebay is as below:
1. Visit the Hermes shop and ask for change battery (in Hong Kong about US$15). Cause Hermes provide international services, their products can have any repair and services in different country. If I buy from USA, I can go to Hong Kong or France Hermes for services.
2. Once they open the cover, they can check the status of the watch and auth. it, if it is fake items, they will not help you to do anything include change the battery.
3. If the watch condition is bad, they will quote the price to me for repair, change the parts and clean the machine inside the watch.
4. So you only use US$15, you can confirm the watch is fake or 100% auth. item.

Also before you place the auction on ebay or any store out of Hermes, you can check the back of the watch. In my experience, the fake medor watch is easy to identify from outlook.

And I want to say sorry to "catalyst81" cause too many people ask me "is this auth.?" "have receipt?" I only can say all the gold medor watch are old, some maybe over 10 years, I think most of the seller on ebay do not have the receipt. And I am 100% sure my items are auth. by checking as the above method.

If still have any question about the Medor watch, I will try to help all to solve. And thx for all support my selling Hermes items on ebay.:yahoo:

I have a rather small wrist, and the Medor looks a little odd on me -- like I'm a child wearing my father's big watch. I still love it, though, and have a few. But I hear there is a mini-Medor coming in September which will be smaller than the old Medor. I can't wait!

I have a rather small wrist, and the Medor looks a little odd on me -- like I'm a child wearing my father's big watch. I still love it, though, and have a few. But I hear there is a mini-Medor coming in September which will be smaller than the old Medor. I can't wait!

Does anyone have any information about the "mini-Medor"

Hi Hermes lovers!

I am very much in love with medor watches at the moment and contantly searching on ebay particularily with the gold ones.

I've found one that i like from ebay but as i am not an hermes watch expert i cannot judge the authenticity of this watch. so I've asked the seller to gurrantee it, and he told me not to bid! but I am still very much in love with this watch and willing to buy it only if someone say if its real.

Can anyone tell me if this watch is real?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190296039903&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

thank you!
cyn*

Hi Hermes lovers!

I am very much in love with medor watches at the moment and contantly searching on ebay particularily with the gold ones.

I've found one that i like from ebay but as i am not an hermes watch expert i cannot judge the authenticity of this watch. so I've asked the seller to gurrantee it, and he told me not to bid! but I am still very much in love with this watch and willing to buy it only if someone say if its real.

Can anyone tell me if this watch is real?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190296039903&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

thank you!
cyn*

Hi!
Do post your query in this thread - http://forum.purseblog.com/authenticate-this-hermes/authenticate-this-hermes-accessory-412024.html

The residents at that thread will be able to help you better with your specific query.

HTH & gd luck in your medor watch hunt! :biggrin: