Scarves Hermes Designers / Artists

Kate7272

May 22, 2023
There are so many interesting designs and a huge range of styles of the Hermes silk scarves. I am early in my Hermes journey, and I’ve noticed that the website lists who the designer is. Are there any designers who are more valuable (or hold their value better) than others?

Thanks!

Reactions: ladysarah
Kermit Oliver is certainly one that never seems to lose popularity or value. Annie Faivre has been designing for 5 decades now and is still very much sought. Of the designers of yore, I’d say Xavier de Poret and Philippe Ledoux. Finally, Alice Shirley is probably the biggest de among designers who’ve made their debut in the last 10 years.

This is very interesting-not so much regarding about their value but relating how these scarves are works of art
Indulge me scarf aficionados and please please please add your favourite scarf design form the artists below. Photos of course would be divine!:hbeat:
Xavier de Poret :
Philippe Ledoux:
Alice Shirley :
Alice Honoré :

Reactions: papertiger
That's much more a reseller's question than a newbie. Scarves don't rocket in value like other H things, and because they are wearable art, it's so much better to follow our hearts and not (just) our heads because as soon as they're worn they lose most of their (potential) resale value. Collectors (of which there are many) want pristine, BNIB. I would find something I couldn't stop wearing, CPW makes a scarf far more valuable.

Like all investments, as fashion or other things change, prices can go down as well as up.