**Hermes Chat**

Does anyone know which H leathers are from mature/adult cows rather than calves? I don't like calf leather. From what I can tell, it might mainly be Fjord and Vache Hunter?
Besides Fjord, Vache Hunter, and the ones mentioned by @allanrvj, there is also Galop d’Hermès. And Ardennes is actually Vachette, so it is calfskin.;)

You also might consider looking into some of the Buffalo leather options.

Reactions: cubitl and allanrvj
I personally think denim goes with more. I would not feel like I need to match denim to anything, including a bag but gold would require some level of coordination. I also think denim is more casual than gold. So if you want a little more of a preppy look, leather is better. I hope this helps
I agree. I recently went on vacation and took a pair of denim sandals. I was shocked how they went with every single evening outfit I had.

Reactions: OnlyModa
For those that have the Oran Sandals, are they extremely comfortable? I would say my feet are on the wider side and didn't think they would be something that would work for be, but I saw these denim ones and am obsessed...
I personally find that they cause blisters on the inner part of my foot (where the bottom of the “H” leather is) if I walk in them for more than 1 mile. I have heard this can be addressed by applying kinesiology tape to the affected spot, which I plan to try when the weather gets warmer.

Reactions: shopper00
For those that have the Oran Sandals, are they extremely comfortable? I would say my feet are on the wider side and didn't think they would be something that would work for be, but I saw these denim ones and am obsessed...
I have wide feet. As in I cannot fit my feet into many designer shoes and order my chuck taylors in a wide. I find orans ok. I can get my feet into them. They aren’t horrible to walk in. I would definitely not wear them to walk a city for a day. But out to dinner. Sure. I think they are super cute. They definitely flop just like a flip flop which is a bit of a detractor for me. I have not reached the level of “use my nice things” where I’m wearing Orans to the pool as a flip flop.

I think that the smoother leather (sorry I am a newbie and don’t know the names) is maybe softer and more comfy than the epsom (?) which may be stiffer and harder to break in? Maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

Edit: and yes those denims are so stinking cute.

I have wide feet. As in I cannot fit my feet into many designer shoes and order my chuck taylors in a wide. I find orans ok. I can get my feet into them. They aren’t horrible to walk in. I would definitely not wear them to walk a city for a day. But out to dinner. Sure. I think they are super cute. They definitely flop just like a flip flop which is a bit of a detractor for me. I have not reached the level of “use my nice things” where I’m wearing Orans to the pool as a flip flop.

I think that the smoother leather (sorry I am a newbie and don’t know the names) is maybe softer and more comfy than the epsom (?) which may be stiffer and harder to break in? Maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

Edit: and yes those denims are so stinking cute.
Thank you for your input--I feel the same way; I wouldn't wear these to the beach or pool.

I feel better about trying them on at the store now!

It's interesting to hear how people who said how much they love Hermes all of a sudden say I'm so glad finally someone is sueing them for their shady practices. lol
Hahaha that thread is like a car wreck but I can’t seem to put it on ignore 😁

Not sure why it’s hard to comprehend the demand and supply:
  • H sells (perceived or genuine) premium products, (mostly or not, depending on belief) hand-made or hand-stiched. So production is slow and supply low.
  • If H is to flood the market to keep up with demand, the premium is reduced.
  • If H keeps low supply, distribution might be uneven.
  • No perfectly fair anything in the world so those who don’t get bags will be anyhow disappointed.
  • Take part in this, or not, everyone has a choice.
But 400 posts and counting… :flowers:

ETA: we all love the bags for its durability and quality. Yet, we want 10 of them and everyone needs to have them from the store. Not gatekeeping but I don’t know how that would work. Someone is bound to be unhappy somehow

Last edited:
It's interesting to hear how people who said how much they love Hermes all of a sudden say I'm so glad finally someone is sueing them for their shady practices. lol
right? it also seems that those who doth protest too much already has a Birkin or two pero bummed that they couldn't get more. lol

also, if I need to scroll to reach the end of your post, girl, I ain't reading that. go make a blog or substack or sumfin :lol:

walls and walls of text. I miss seeing bags. here's a palate cleanser.

Kelly Quadrille 28 Sellier in Blue Encre Swift, Blue Sapphire and Mauve Sylvestre canvas :love:

279956_002_985.jpg