Hermes Cashmere shawl....

Gracekelly.....I thought the printed shawls were lightweight? The one I'm thinking of is heavy like a blanket - 3-4ply cashmere. I'd love a heavy one AND the lighter-weight shawls....one for Spring/Summer and one for Fall/Winter.....I'd better take my fanny into the city to take a look at these things IRL.:yes: :yes:

gracekelly said:
Shopmom, are you set on the solid choc.? The prints are so beautiful and they will pick up the color of any of your bags or coats. I purchased one last year that has wonderful colors. Even tho they are large, they fold up so nicely and you can wear it more like a scarf if you wish. Hermes puts every color in the scarves so you can always match it up to something.The price certainly has gone up. I seem to remember paying about $800 in Jan 2005.

Do you have a picture of one?

shopmom411 said:
Gracekelly.....I thought the printed shawls were lightweight? The one I'm thinking of is heavy like a blanket - 3-4ply cashmere. I'd love a heavy one AND the lighter-weight shawls....one for Spring/Summer and one for Fall/Winter.....I'd better take my fanny into the city to take a look at these things IRL.:yes: :yes:

Absolutely have to try it on with your coloring etc. Also, the SA showed me a special new way to wrap it around the neck that works for many other scarves I have. It is a great wrap. This was in San Fran and her name was Annie. She still there?

Yep, you betcha! I'm going to ask for colors in stock, prices on both the heavy and light ones and how to wrap the darn things so you look super-chic when wearing one with a pair of Levis!:cool:

Hi everyone. This is my first post at this forum. I bought a similar one (not sure if it is an exact of the shawl shown on model in July's Bazaar) in black. The price is approximate USD230 after discount. It was being offered at the semi-annual sale. I saved 30% of the original price.
the cashmere is very soft but there are months before I can use it because it is a record of over 30 degree C in asia!