Herbag Question for Owners - Please Help!

toreilly

Feb 1, 2006
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about getting a second-hand Herbag (smaller size) with orange/red canvas. Does this bag have a keyring chain attached to it? And is there an engraving on the metal (gold) part which says MS Germany?

Thanks so much!
to

TO -

My Herbag was a larger one, but it did not have a keyring chain. It had the typical Hermes clochette and lock. I've never seen an Hermes bag that had any other engraving on the metal other than the Hermes Paris.

HTH!

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about getting a second-hand Herbag (smaller size) with orange/red canvas. Does this bag have a keyring chain attached to it? And is there an engraving on the metal (gold) part which says MS Germany?

Thanks so much!
to

If there is any suspect engraving the metal I'd say tread very, very carefully. My Herbag is one of the first generation and has no keychain but a fixing on the closure inside to hang keys from - looks like a bit like a glove holder.

I don't know about the "MS Germany" on the Herbag, but sometimes other engravings than just "Hermès, Paris" occur too.

For example, the gripper front closure of the "Trim" usually has some combination like "HS 50" (or similar) on the inside.

Toreilly,
where exactly on the Herbag is that MS G. supposed to be located?