HELP!! Wallet damage emergency!

bellezee

O.G.
May 16, 2007
Helllpppp.... My hand sanitizer leaked in my bag and it got to my bv wallet (that i just recently purchased)! :sad: *cries* Can someone help me with some leather 911? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• P1000407.JPG
    P1000407.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 127
  • P1000408.JPG
    P1000408.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 109
OMG noooooo!

It looks like it not only discolored the leather but concentrated the dye in certain areas and bleached it out in others. My only solution is to have it redyed a darker color--maybe others have a better suggestion :sad:

Oh dear! How unfortunate. Do take it back to BV and see if they could repair or re-dye it the same colour if not then a darker one. If I do not recall wrongly, it's not possible for BV to re-dye light colours. Good luck.

thanks for the tip... I will bring it to the bottega boutique here. Eventhough I know the boutique in my country won't be that much help, I probably will bring it to singapore next week :sad:

Oh dear! Soz to hear of the damage.

I agree with trying a professional cleaner first. Cos it sounds like you don't live in Singapore, and it's still gonna take a while for the store in Singapore to send your wallet back to Italy to get it fixed up, which means that you'll prolly hafta come back to pick up your wallet from Singapore.

But! If you travel to Singapore frequently, then I think getting the store to send your wallet back to Italy would be your best bet :yes:

thanks for the tip... I will bring it to the bottega boutique here. Eventhough I know the boutique in my country won't be that much help, I probably will bring it to singapore next week :sad:

bellezee - this is a nightmare! So sorry for this misadventure.

Since you mentioned about coming to Singapore and considering the option of sending to a professional, here's an address of a company that cleans and dyes leather. Run by a brother and sister duet, Mark & Gemma. They were featured in an article and apparently they claim to have done superb dye jobs on Chanel, Prada, etc.

ColorWash
Market Street Carpark
(Opp Lau Par Sat - aka Festival Market in Shenton Way)
146 Market Street #01-24
Singapore 048945
Tel: 6438 3693
[email protected]
\
Hope something can be done to your lovely wallet. Cheer up!

So sorry! :sad:

The only advice I have is that if you're going to have to wait to take the wallet somewhere to be looked at, be sure to keep it out of the sun/light. Maybe place it in a plastic bag to protect it from more contact with dirt etc..

The best of luck and let us know how it turns out!