Help - Sprayed bbag with AppleGard - scared!

winona77 said:
http://ateliernaff.blogspot.com/2005/11/balenciaga-color-swatches-by-season.html

Sorry :cry:
what blue is your bag (link above has swatches by season)??
Those swatches only cover the motorcycle line. frenchiefan's bag is from a new line, Linea Metallica. I've seen the color she has and it is a lovely subtle dusty blue, and the leather texture is very interesting and nice, a bit different from either the new or the old motorcycle leather. FF, I'm reeeeeally hoping the bag will recover in a few days, that the spray will just take a bit longer to absorb/evaporate. :wondering Honestly, I'm nearly in tears just thinking about it, and it's not even my bag!!

me too LouiseyPeasey, i feel soooooooooo sad about it :sad: ...that's why i called up the balenciaga nyc store & asked them about spraying their bags...the sales person told me not to do anything to them...she said spraying can sometimes do more harm than good...she said the only thing you should do is use a little hi-quality lotion if you have a scratch or dry spot :sad:

Well everyone...it's been 1.5 days and still no good news. :sad:

I will take pix tomorrow (Fri.) in natural light and show you the difference between the unsprayed mirror and the sprayed bag. Although I see a VERY slight lightening of the sprayed bag, the color is now definitely more grey than blue - unfortunately - and I really don't think that's going to change.

Here are some thoughts...the leather on my bag is different than the only '06 City I actually handled. Mine is thicker and softer - almost a "washed" feeling. Maybe this "washed" effect is what caused the AG to negatively impact my bag. Also, when I chose this bag, I had the choice of the one on the shelf vs. one in the back. I actually chose the one on the shelf b/c I liked the color better - to be honest it looked a little more faded (probably b/c it was out in the lights)...maybe there is an issue with this color dye and that caused the AG disaster. Either way, my bag looks darker, greyer, and "greasier" - like it needs a cleaning! :cry: The bag was definitely colorfast though, but I think it would have been negatively impacted by rain given the leather. Hopefully this new color will sun or light "fade" to the original color in time.

I'm going to call Applegarde tomorrow after giving it a full 48 hours - I'll also update then. I'm sure 99% of AG experiences are great, but if you get this particular bag/color...beware for now.

Thanks for everyone's comment and support so far - I'm trying to remain upbeat and love the bag for it's new color, but when I see the lovely unsprayed mirror...well, I just get sick all over again.

I'll update with pix tomorrow...

I am sorry this happened to you ... have you tried using the cleaner to see if you can even things out? I've used Appleguard cleaner, conditioner and the rain/stain spray on all my LVs, Guccis, and now my first BBag in Lilac, so far so good.

TravelBug said:
I am sorry this happened to you ... have you tried using the cleaner to see if you can even things out? I've used Appleguard cleaner, conditioner and the rain/stain spray on all my LVs, Guccis, and now my first BBag in Lilac, so far so good.

I haven't (yet) - but I couldn't wait - I sent an e-mail to Apple products. I'll see what they suggest.

Tx!

I wouldn't do anything else to it for at least 3 more days, if you really
saturated the leather it may take quite a while for it to absorb, especially if it is a thicker leather then the '06's. Keep the faith.

i had a similar experience with my off-white Chloe silverado and spraying with AG. it turned the bag yellow. i was able to fix it by apply the AG care lotion a few times. it's as good as new. you might want to just apply the AG care lotion sparingly, let it air dry, reapply the care lotion (not the spray), and repeat this process a few times and see if that helps.

i ALWAYS put on AG care lotion first before i spray with the spray. also i don't always spray. the care lotion is very mild and will not discolor and i've used it on all kinds of leather without problems. after i have well conditioned the bag, sometimes the shine may be less. if i want the shine back on the bag, then i would spray, but very lightly.

also since leather is very porous, you would want to avoid oils or waxes since these may discolor or stain the bag. for what ever reason, the AG care lotion is very gentle.

hope this helps.

OK - here's the evidence...it's been 48 hours and my bag is still darker and greyer (recall, I never sprayed the mirror, so you can see the original beautiful dusty blue). I e-mailed Apple products and they asked for pix of the can and the lot number...we'll see.

I'm so sad. :cry:

Attachments

• MVC-575X.JPG
    MVC-575X.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 410
  • MVC-578X.JPG
    MVC-578X.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 417
oh, frenchiefan, please don't be sad :cry: ...i know it's no consulation, but i honestly don't think it looks too bad...it's still a gorgeous bag, it's just a little darker is all...and who knows, maybe AG will do something for you :wondering

:cry::cry: Oh frenchie... ouch. It's still a beautiful bag, but I can totally see why you're upset, if you chose it for the subtlety of color that shows on the mirror... Did you contact AG?

Wow that's a really pretty bag, but I can see how the leather might be kind of delicate. has it lightened at all since you first sprayed? If it has, then there might be hope that it will gradually lighten as the days go by. i hope appleguard has some answers for you. Best of luck and do update us. (Hugs)

Well, I actually don't mind as much that it's darker...the loss of the blueness is what's killing me. :sad: I bought this because it had looked like a great pair of faded jeans.

Sorry for the picture quality...even ruined, it is/was prettier in person than it photographed. It's not as uneven colored in person...thankfully the blotchiness has evened out to "tolerable". The darkness in the center is a shadow.

LP - yes, I e-mailed them - they wanted pictures of the can...?? :hrmm: We'll see.

I actually want to leave it in the sun awhile - at least it can't get worse.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Aw, frenchie...I'm sorry this happened to you. But I agree with the other ladies - it is still a very beautiful bag! :heart: :heart:
Hopefully, it will get lighter in the coming days. Keep us updated on what AG says after you send them the info of the can.