Help please! looking for my next vca hopefully with some bling 🧊 🤞🏼

jonathan jay

Mrs. jonathan jay
O.G.
Oct 12, 2010
Hi Ladies, looking for my next VCA piece, hoping for a pave Alhambra RG or WG Ring and necklace. As a back story, I really fell inlove with Vancleef for their Alhambra Single motif pendants. So my first piece is a G.Mop/RG necklace. My second piece is a Sweet alhambra RG 6 Motif bracelet and thats when i realized that i love the 5 motif bracelet more than the 10/20 necklace. I know i know… i might be in the minority 😅 but Im hoping to celebrate my 40th with a piece or some pieces. My choices are:
1. RG Pave Vintage Alhambra ring and pair pave Pendant (available now)

2. another is the White gold pave version of the same set (available now)

3. “5 motif onyx Wg/pave” (6months waiting) *** and will be reaching for my max budget

4th is a Wildcard “sweet alhambra watch in pink MOP and RG guilloche” / i think its looks like a bracelet too (available now) ***also max budget

If you were in my shoes or if you have amassed a bigger vca collection than me which would you consider? Will you get one statement piece or multiple pieces? All your opinions are very much appreciated. thank you ladies 🙏🏻

***last pic is me trying the RG Vintage Pave

Attachments

• IMG_5153.png
    IMG_5153.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5152.png
    IMG_5152.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5177.png
    IMG_5177.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4886.jpeg
    IMG_4886.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Hi Ladies, looking for my next VCA piece, hoping for a pave Alhambra RG or WG Ring and necklace. As a back story, I really fell inlove with Vancleef for their Alhambra Single motif pendants. So my first piece is a G.Mop/RG necklace. My second piece is a Sweet alhambra RG 6 Motif bracelet and thats when i realized that i love the 5 motif bracelet more than the 10/20 necklace. I know i know… i might be in the minority 😅 but Im hoping to celebrate my 40th with a piece or some pieces. My choices are:
1. RG Pave Vintage Alhambra ring and pair pave Pendant (available now)

2. another is the White gold pave version of the same set (available now)

3. “5 motif onyx Wg/pave” (6months waiting) *** and will be reaching for my max budget

4th is a Wildcard “sweet alhambra watch in pink MOP and RG guilloche” / i think its looks like a bracelet too (available now) ***also max budget

If you were in my shoes or if you have amassed a bigger vca collection than me which would you consider? Will you get one statement piece or multiple pieces? All your opinions are very much appreciated. thank you ladies 🙏🏻

***last pic is me trying the RG Vintage Pave
What a great dilemma to have! First of all a very happy 40th! I love pieces to commemorate major milestones :heart:

I love all your options! At some point or the other I have considered adding each of them. I could honestly argue for you to add each of the options! Trouble :biggrin:

With your current collection of RG pieces I feel the pave vintage Alhambra pendant and matching ring will go beautifully and would probably be the safest choice.

However, since you already have one Alhambra pendant in your collection (GMOP), I am leaning towards the Guilloche/pink mop watch! That watch has haunted me forever and maybe I am biased but it’s one of the most gorgeous pieces VCA has ever come out with imo. Elegant, understated and yet so darn beautiful! But you have to absolutely love this piece! If you have any doubts about it I wouldn’t get it. Too much money to have doubts over.

Now on to the WG pieces on your WL! Do you prefer RG or WG or both? I personally love mixing RG and WG. If you want to diversify from RG and add WG pieces, I would vote for the onyx/pave 5 motif in WG. You said you loved 5-motif and this piece will fit the bill perfectly! And later, much later when you are ready to add another piece, you could add the pave Alhambra vintage ring in WG. I prefer that combo more than the pave Alhambra pendant with the matching ring in WG.

I know it’s tempting to get things that are already available but how gratifying would it be to finally get a piece that you absolutely love even though you have to wait for it months?

I also prefer getting one statement piece over a gazillion small pieces. I always feel the smaller pieces will scratch the itch momentarily but I will always be wanting the bigger pieces on my WL. So why waste money and time? Just get the bigger piece if that’s what you truly want.

Happy choosing :smile:

Congratulations on your upcoming 40th! :yahoo:

I've realized that I'm not much of a jewelry collector and I like to wear my pieces as much as possible, all the time, and am not fond of switching things up.
I already have my daily pieces and if I were to buy more to wear on occasion or to be worth it to switch up, they have to be special. :love:

I love #3 and #4!

Either way, all amazing choices! Please let us know what you end up deciding on!

Happy 40th in advance! I'm so glad that you are going to celebrate it with a VCA piece. I've noticed everytime I purchase an item to celebrate a milestone, it just adds so much more significance to it!

That being said, i love the WG onx and pave combination. It is so versatile; you can dress it up and down! Everytime you will look at your wrist, it'll bring a smile to your face. I also think you'll get a lot of wear out of it esp in comparison to the alhambra watch. It's a stunning watch but I really don't think it can be worn often or styled easily even. Now moving on the ring, again... it's pretty, but looks like a compromise in comparison to the bracelet.

I hope it helps. Good luck 💕

Ps. Sometimes waiting for that perfect item makes it so much more special!

Reactions: A bottle of Red
The onyx pave bracelet is absolutely gorgeous and my first choice! I love the contrast of the dark onyx and the wg pave. It's elegant and sparkly.
The other would be the watch, also beautiful but I have seen ppl say it's delicate and not an every day piece.

Wishing you a wonderful 40th birthday and many more happy years ahead!

Reactions: Cool Breeze
What a great dilemma to have! First of all a very happy 40th! I love pieces to commemorate major milestones :heart:

I love all your options! At some point or the other I have considered adding each of them. I could honestly argue for you to add each of the options! Trouble :biggrin:

With your current collection of RG pieces I feel the pave vintage Alhambra pendant and matching ring will go beautifully and would probably be the safest choice.

However, since you already have one Alhambra pendant in your collection (GMOP), I am leaning towards the Guilloche/pink mop watch! That watch has haunted me forever and maybe I am biased but it’s one of the most gorgeous pieces VCA has ever come out with imo. Elegant, understated and yet so darn beautiful! But you have to absolutely love this piece! If you have any doubts about it I wouldn’t get it. Too much money to have doubts over.

Now on to the WG pieces on your WL! Do you prefer RG or WG or both? I personally love mixing RG and WG. If you want to diversify from RG and add WG pieces, I would vote for the onyx/pave 5 motif in WG. You said you loved 5-motif and this piece will fit the bill perfectly! And later, much later when you are ready to add another piece, you could add the pave Alhambra vintage ring in WG. I prefer that combo more than the pave Alhambra pendant with the matching ring in WG.

I know it’s tempting to get things that are already available but how gratifying would it be to finally get a piece that you absolutely love even though you have to wait for it months?

I also prefer getting one statement piece over a gazillion small pieces. I always feel the smaller pieces will scratch the itch momentarily but I will always be wanting the bigger pieces on my WL. So why waste money and time? Just get the bigger piece if that’s what you truly want.

Happy choosing :smile:
Thank you for your greetings and reply. I get what you mean by going for a statement piece im just turn because as a collection go my is quite sparse and the greedy girl in me wants it all 😂. I honestly wish i could try the 5piece bracelet with alternating stones and Pave to see how it looks but no stock for any variation in my area unfortunately? Were you lucky enough to try some 5piece pave bracelet recently? How about the watch? Im still scheduled to see it next week as its being transferred to my SA’s store. Some mod pics would be amazing if you can share them. 😉

Reactions: eternallove4bag
Happy 40th!! What a great milestone gift 🩷 My vote is for the wildcard watch. It's stunning and I've always had my eye on it! My second vote is for the RG Pave Vintage Alhambra ring paired with the pave pendant

Congratulations on your upcoming 40th! :yahoo:

I've realized that I'm not much of a jewelry collector and I like to wear my pieces as much as possible, all the time, and am not fond of switching things up.
I already have my daily pieces and if I were to buy more to wear on occasion or to be worth it to switch up, they have to be special. :love:

I love #3 and #4!

Either way, all amazing choices! Please let us know what you end up deciding on!
Thank you so much for the greeting 😊

I hear what youre saying about daily and staple pieces. I rarely change up as well unless i have an event to attend. Most days my stack remains the same. Will definitely update you what i decide on getting. Thank you again.

Reactions: lill_canele
Thank you for your greetings and reply. I get what you mean by going for a statement piece im just turn because as a collection go my is quite sparse and the greedy girl in me wants it all 😂. I honestly wish i could try the 5piece bracelet with alternating stones and Pave to see how it looks but no stock for any variation in my area unfortunately? Were you lucky enough to try some 5piece pave bracelet recently? How about the watch? Im still scheduled to see it next week as its being transferred to my SA’s store. Some mod pics would be amazing if you can share them. 😉
Here are a couple of pics I took of the Onyx/pave 5-motif and the Guilloche pink mop watch. The rose gold guilloche/pave 5-motif is mine and I get so much use out of that piece!
Hope the pics are helpful @jonathan jay

IMG_7115.jpegIMG_7117.jpeg

Happy 40th in advance! I'm so glad that you are going to celebrate it with a VCA piece. I've noticed everytime I purchase an item to celebrate a milestone, it just adds so much more significance to it!

That being said, i love the WG onx and pave combination. It is so versatile; you can dress it up and down! Everytime you will look at your wrist, it'll bring a smile to your face. I also think you'll get a lot of wear out of it esp in comparison to the alhambra watch. It's a stunning watch but I really don't think it can be worn often or styled easily even. Now moving on the ring, again... it's pretty, but looks like a compromise in comparison to the bracelet.

I hope it helps. Good luck 💕

Ps. Sometimes waiting for that perfect item makes it so much more special!
Thank you so much for the greeting. 😊

Im just lucky to be able to enjoy 40years of life. Its really is just extra for me to be able to remember it with a VCA piece 😉

• Love
Reactions: A bottle of Red