HELP! ostrich "eye" peeling off!

kou, i still love the ostrich, it's just unfortunate that that can happen. another girlfriend had the same problem too and her's have to be sent out as well. croc is ok, as long as it doesn't rain....

BG, my bag is 2 years old. and maybe carried under 8 times only in the past 2 years.

I remember seeing my SA took out a small ostrich Bolide from the back and while I was looking at it I saw a few peeling eyes as well. I asked my SA about it but she said it's just natural ... Before I saw this post I even THOUGHT that some bags come with one or two peeling eyes ... I mean, is peeling eye a flaw or a natural process? If it peeled off, can it still be fixed?

I guess I better make sure I never grow out my nails ... I don't want to nick the eyes if I get an ostrich bag.

but the thing is, orchids, that's where all the movement is other than the edges/corners and handles. if i widen the "mouth" of my bag to find something inside, that straps/belt move in and out of it's opening sometimes sliding on the hardware notch!

i will miss it. i will have to send it out, i guess. I NEED A NEW BAG NOW (i will be one bag short for the holidays). :crybaby: :crybaby: :sad:

Oh dear, that is true...didn't think about that. I wonder what they can do to prevent that from happening in the future. I guess you have to get a new bag *now* while dear ostrich is being sent in. :nuts: :yes:

I remember seeing my SA took out a small ostrich Bolide from the back and while I was looking at it I saw a few peeling eyes as well. I asked my SA about it but she said it's just natural ... Before I saw this post I even THOUGHT that some bags come with one or two peeling eyes ... I mean, is peeling eye a flaw or a natural process? If it peeled off, can it still be fixed?

I guess I better make sure I never grow out my nails ... I don't want to nick the eyes if I get an ostrich bag.

kou, it has a natural (for lack of a better word) "small elevation" (or semi-peel) but this "eye" was BARELY HANGING ON! :crybaby: :crybaby: :sad:

i'm sure it can be glued back on....

kou, it has a natural (for lack of a better word) "small elevation" (or semi-peel) but this "eye" was BARELY HANGING ON! :crybaby: :crybaby: :sad:

i'm sure it can be glued back on....

Oh man ... Now I'm going to be even more anal if I have an ostrich bag and use it. That means I'll also have to save up and keep any fallen eyes in a small packet to send along with the bag for repairs.

Oh dear, that is true...didn't think about that. I wonder what they can do to prevent that from happening in the future. I guess you have to get a new bag *now* while dear ostrich is being sent in. :nuts: :yes:

so now, i have a better case to present to DH with regards to the next purchase. LOL! (and he'll say, NO MORE EXOTIC KELLY/BIRKIN FOR YOU! WAAAAHHHH!):wtf: :wtf:

so now, i have a better case to present to DH with regards to the next purchase. LOL! (and he'll say, NO MORE EXOTIC KELLY/BIRKIN FOR YOU! WAAAAHHHH!):wtf: :wtf:

no no, tell him that this is THE reason you should be getting a croc. And if he got scared at that idea, just tell him at least you're "only" asking for a croc, and not one with diamonds. :P

HOWEVER....if we happen to see one in vegas together in november, rest assured peanutbabycakes will step into her role as "queen enabler" and will make sure ur DH gets u exactly what u want. just ask moviegirl how good i am..... :yes: :yes: :yes:

Wow used 8 times and this happens :crybaby: ... This aint good ... when i looked at the fushia ostrich in dublin last week the girls there told me that it could not get wet that for me had made me think twice and now this :wtf: ...think i will stick to the regular leathers for now.......ps am very jealous of your trip to las vegas ....!

Wow used 8 times and this happens :crybaby: ... This aint good ... when i looked at the fushia ostrich in dublin last week the girls there told me that it could not get wet that for me had made me think twice and now this :wtf: ...think i will stick to the regular leathers for now.......ps am very jealous of your trip to las vegas ....!

Ostrich can't get wet? I have been told that ostrich does very well against water. I have seen it in action, someone spilled wine on her ostrich bag and it was dry in 15 minutes with no spots.:yes:

The ONLY concern I have with ostrich is whether or not the color will fade in the long run ...

Ostrich can't get wet? I have been told that ostrich does very well against water. I have seen it in action, someone spilled wine on her ostrich bag and it was dry in 15 minutes with no spots.:yes:

The ONLY concern I have with ostrich is whether or not the color will fade in the long run ...

Kou, when I went to HK, one of my mom's friends wore her 30 cm bj ostrich birkin. The bag looked very used from just one look in it, and later on as I was chatting with her, she told me that she's been using the bag very often, in long runs. The bag was almost a couple of yrs old, but it can easily passed as a 5 yr old. And this lady, she's the type of person who when she buy things, she use them to the max. I saw her pulled out her orange H wallet (cant remember the type, but it has an H clasp or something) and it looked, well... beaten to death :angel: I dont think she takes care of her things very good, coz I remember seeing some blackish smudges around the edges of the wallet.

Back to the topic of color, I can easily see that the color fades quite a lot, up to a point that it looked greyish. I've seen brand new bj bags in ostrich before, and this one def looks different. To sum up, I think the color does fade, especially if you wear it constantly and not taking care of it that good. Also, maybe colors that are more bold and vibrant are gonna be less susceptible to fading as oppose to softer colors like bj, for example.

Ack!! SO the color does fade? Oh boy, if i want a bag that I can use everyday, I probably should still stick with chevre then ... but I love ostrich so much~~ A faded orange ostrich or cobalt blue ostrich is not going to look good good, especially if the fading is uneven.

hey y'all, i'm bringing in my ostrich HAC in to the store for repair.:sad: :sad: per my SA, she's sending it to Manuela at BH and it will only take a couple of weeks. how true is this??? does BH do repair and not send it to Paris??? :confused1: :confused1:

i know a girlfriend who had her toile/barenia birkin cleaned and it was also sent to BH. they do cleaning too??? :confused1: :confused1:

hey y'all, i'm bringing in my ostrich HAC in to the store for repair.:sad: :sad: per my SA, she's sending it to Manuela at BH and it will only take a couple of weeks. how true is this??? does BH do repair and not send it to Paris??? :confused1: :confused1:

i know a girlfriend who had her toile/barenia birkin cleaned and it was also sent to BH. they do cleaning too??? :confused1: :confused1:

My SA said that most of the repairs and cleaning can be done at either BH or NY unless it's something major where they don't have the resources handy OR unless it's a white bag. White bag can only be sent back to the original craftsman for cleaning and fixing. Just make sure you check with your store often for the status of your bag. If you don't then it can take longer than a few weeks. I once sent in something that should take a week and it ended up taking over a month to come back to me.