Help!~ Need your honest opinion

for some reason i think u r better off exchanging it and since ur local nm doesn't have a the same saturated magenta them maybe order another one from a diff location explain what u want exactly and keep the one u like best out of the two.

I don't know I personally love the depth of color and I think veins are great and add character but I really can't live with "dry" bags and personally I don't like the LMB moisturelotion it takes the shine away and makes the bag look a bid dull but that's just my experience, if you have to use smth I would try applegard. but it's a hard call, depends on what you can live with, prefer...color, leather etc......

:yes: This is exactly what I feel! I love the color and the veins but not the dryness of the leather. I have placed an order for apple leather care. Hopefully, it'll fix the dryness. meanwhile, I'll keep looking for another one with similar color...

Thank ya'll! You gals are great and very helpful!~ :tup:

Happy Holiday! :heart:

the color and the distressed leather look FABULOUS on my screen. that's the heavy distressing i wish my black bbag had.

if the dryness concerns you though, then i'd exchange it. i received a dry truffle twiggy and knew i was gonna send that baby back as soon as i touched it LOL i'm just too obsessed with the silky, smooshy leather that some bbags come with..and i dont wanna have to sit and moisturize a bag hoping that it *may* soften up (b/c it may not).

I would definitely return it. The idea of having to repair a brand new bag seems so wrong. And once you apply the conditioner you've messed with the bag and if you're still not happy you won't be able to return it.

Since it is early in the season, I am quite sure you can find another.

Grietje

i would bring the bag in and ask to see more bags before making the decision of exchanging. the bag is expensive and the SA should be able to understand you and happy to help you.
the bag itself LOOKS fine to me (like the way it's very veiny) can't say it's dry without actually touching it. i would go thru this hassel just to have the peace of mind. good luck!! let us know how it turns out.

I love it from the pictures, but it is hard to really appreciate the leather without seeing it in person. I think if you will always notice that it is not exactly how you wanted it, you should return it.

How about appleguard leather conditioner? I've used that on one panel of my black city that was really dry and it looked lovely after. The color is really beautiful, it's definitely more saturated than a lot of the PMs I've seen, so it's a hard call. The chances of finding another bright one is low since I'd say yours i the first bright one I've seen in about 15, so yea, it's what you want! Good luck either way!

Do you like the veiny look? If it bothers you, by all means, exchange it. However, for me, it's not the veiny that bothers me. It's the quality of the leather. Dry (to the point where it's crackly and even has white spots) is a no no in my book.

My first Bbag was a dry, crackly kind of leather. I immediately exchanged it for a better leather. Till this day, I'm glad I made that decision because I would have never known what the thick, chewy, buttery leather feels like.

So, if you're not 100% satisfied with it, absolutely exchange it!

I think if you're paying that much for a bag, you MUST be happy with it.

I love the leather on my Black City GSH and wouldn't trade it in for anything. That's how you have to feel about your Magenta. If not, then get something you'll totally fall in love with.

if you're not happy with it, get something else, if nothing's readily available, then just wait, it'll be worth it when you do find the 'perfect' magenta:smile: