Shoes Help!! My RS heels got ruined

bagnshoe

May 7, 2015
Hi everyone ,

I desperately need some help or advice on how to fix one of my pairs of RS kitten heels . I wore the heels out for the second time and one of the pairs got a visible scratch . I don't know how it got scratched in the first place as I am very careful when wearing them. I'm so sad looking at one of the ruined pairs. any advices on how to fix them? Are the leather RS kitten heels more prone to scratch and scuff than the patent? I'm questioning whether or not if I should continue owning anymore pairs of leather RS shoes .

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1448154964.876667.jpg here is a picture of the ruined ones . Looking at it makes me depressed as it was my very first pairs of RS heels that I've owned and thought it could last me for a long time. I can't believe it happened only after my second time wearing them. Makes me wonder about the quality of these shoes given that they are expensive so it should be durable.

View attachment 3194729 here is a picture of the ruined ones . Looking at it makes me depressed as it was my very first pairs of RS heels that I've owned and thought it could last me for a long time. I can't believe it happened only after my second time wearing them. Makes me wonder about the quality of these shoes given that they are expensive so it should be durable.

I would take them to a cobbler, they may have a polish that matches the color. The matte leather is very delicate and scratches very easily. I've had mine for a year and don't wear them a tonne but they look years old.

I love the look of them but if I had to do t over I would get patent for more durability.

I would take them to a cobbler, they may have a polish that matches the color. The matte leather is very delicate and scratches very easily. I've had mine for a year and don't wear them a tonne but they look years old.

I love the look of them but if I had to do t over I would get patent for more durability.

Thanks lavy for your advice . I will bring to the cobbler and see if it can be fixed . Yea it makes me feel like not wanting to wear them anymore due to the delicacy and fear of getting them damaged .I wish I had bought them in patent so it could be more durable.

Oh no! I am sorry to hear and see your scratch on your heels. I will definitely be sure to only buy my Rockstuds only in patent leather (I already have one pair now and it's in patent leather but never paid attention to this until now). Thank you for sharing this helpful advice. Please also keep us posted if you take it to a cobbler.

Oh no! I am sorry to hear and see your scratch on your heels. I will definitely be sure to only buy my Rockstuds only in patent leather (I already have one pair now and it's in patent leather but never paid attention to this until now). Thank you for sharing this helpful advice. Please also keep us posted if you take it to a cobbler.

Thanks meowmix318. I didn't realize or see the scratch until I took off my shoes last night.It must have scraped against the pavement when I was out to dinner . It's so frustrating to see such expensive shoes to have this defect now. I'm extremely disappointed at the quality of the matte leather. I didn't think it would be this fragile and vulnerable to scratches. If I had known I would totally reconsider my purchase as this is my most expensive pair of shoes I have purchased so far. Hope your patent shoes will never have to encounter this problem like mine. Between are your patent leather comfy ?

Thanks meowmix318. I didn't realize or see the scratch until I took off my shoes last night.It must have scraped against the pavement when I was out to dinner . It's so frustrating to see such expensive shoes to have this defect now. I'm extremely disappointed at the quality of the matte leather. I didn't think it would be this fragile and vulnerable to scratches. If I had known I would totally reconsider my purchase as this is my most expensive pair of shoes I have purchased so far. Hope your patent shoes will never have to encounter this problem like mine. Between are your patent leather comfy ?
I think they are pretty comfortable for the most part.

Attachments

• 2015-11-17 13.54.22.jpg
    2015-11-17 13.54.22.jpg
    833.6 KB · Views: 1,907
This leather scratches easily but I've had metallic Louboutins or lambskin chanel that scratch just as easily. Pat the course for some softer leathers. My patent are very durable. The valentino boutique may be able to fix it if the cobbler cannot

I was just at the Valentino store in Costa Mesa on Sunday and I asked about repairing a scratch on your rockstud heels (just thought it would be useful info for me as well in case I scratch mine too. The sales associate did say the nonpatent heels scratch easily and do not personally buy them because of it). The sales associate said that you could bring it in and they will send it out to a oocal cobbler. And they charge you exactly what the cobbler would charge and not make money off of it.

Hope you will be able to get your heels fixed. Would love to see what they look like after (and the price too)

I was just at the Valentino store in Costa Mesa on Sunday and I asked about repairing a scratch on your rockstud heels (just thought it would be useful info for me as well in case I scratch mine too. The sales associate did say the nonpatent heels scratch easily and do not personally buy them because of it). The sales associate said that you could bring it in and they will send it out to a oocal cobbler. And they charge you exactly what the cobbler would charge and not make money off of it.

Hope you will be able to get your heels fixed. Would love to see what they look like after (and the price too)

Thanks meowmix318. Unfortunately I didn't it but directly from the valentino store. I bought them off from HG bag online. do you think the store will do it for me ?

Ooops!
I feel sorry for your heels, hope you were able to fix them?
but I'm glad I saw this post!.. I'm planning to order my first RS pair and I had my eyes on the matte

No I will definitely shift to Patent after knowing they are very fragile and very easy to scratch!!

Ooops!
I feel sorry for your heels, hope you were able to fix them?
but I'm glad I saw this post!.. I'm planning to order my first RS pair and I had my eyes on the matte

No I will definitely shift to Patent after knowing they are very fragile and very easy to scratch!!

Yea I'm so sad about it. I just wore for the second time and it go damaged :sad: I haven't had time to take to cobbler to see if it can be fixed .

Yea I'm so sad about it. I just wore for the second time and it go damaged :sad: I haven't had time to take to cobbler to see if it can be fixed .

I was wondering what ever happened to your shoes. I had originally purchased the nonpatent leather ones but after your original thread I returned them immediately.