Help me pick the bag! My Xmas to myself!

alouette

What the VEEP?
Nov 28, 2006
I figured I would post here since I know what kind of answer I would get on the Prada and Chanel forums.;)

It's going to be my first grey bag and I can't choose. Both are on sale too which is an added bonus. I really don't care one is more hand held than the other. It doesn't bother me.

TIA! :tup:

Prada:

It's just like this but w/o the handles..same color scheme.

Chanel:
attachment.php

The 8-Knot bag

Interesting guys...can you tell me what you favor about the Prada more and what is skewing your opinion on the Chanel?

I just love to hear people's logic behind their opinions! Thx again! :tup:

of these two I'd go with the Prada, because of:
1. clean classic shape -- and I LOVE this shading effect, looks TDF IRL
2. I like the option of being able to wear a bag in the crook of an arm or with a shoulder strap -- Prada has both
3. not a fan (not at ALL) of Chanel bag handles -- they look like they might belong to a different bag than this one -- too thick and kind of clumsy looking
4. don't like that twisted pieces of hardware on Chanel either

But that's just me... ;)

I love the Chanel. The quilting is gorgeous. I'm always one for less structured bags and the Prada looks stiff (but still pretty, not trying to hate on a still beautiful bag). If I saw someone with the Chanel bag, i would look twice, the Prada does not catch my eye as much.

In general I always prefer Chanel, but in this case the Prada is better.

I totally agree.

There's just something about the Chanel that doesn't impress me at all, especially compared to most Chanel. I think if you're going to go for Chanel then you can find something better (totally just my opinion, of course). If these are the only two choices, then I'd take the Prada.