Help me decide!! Venetia or Deborah??

For what its worth, I bought the Deborah in black but ended up returning it for two reasons. There is no closure at the top and I was concerned about the bag gaping open exposing my wallet and other things. Since its relatively narrow...2 1/2 in, I think, it was hard to get it to sit up when I set it down.
At the same time, I saw the white, which is gorgeous and I'm now obsessively thinking about it and trying to decide if I could "suffer"!!
By the way, this is my first post here but I've been lurking for sometime and obviously have a mad obsession for handbags (namely MJ)!!
I agree, the closure is the same reason why I didn't go for one. It's a great bag, but I don't like the magnetic closure on this. I'm too paranoid for a bag like this!

Actually, a magnetic closure on the Deborah would most definitely push me over the edge but it doesn't even have that!

Do you like Christy? It has a magnetic closure, here is a picture of a White Christy from Saks online.

The magnetic closure probably works on a hobo only, it might look funny on a tote with double shoulder straps. I always like totes more than hobos.

well, I saw the pics of the deborah here and I had to have it. I got it in light gray. I then saw the black and I like that one too. I have a faded brick stella and it's my most fave bag, but needed something a bit smaller (a la sophia) and love the idea of the deborah. It is thinner, but a single compartment so it still holds a lot. I got in it - large checkbook wallet, glasses case, sunglass case, cell phone, ipod, pda and a thin cosmetics pouch. I love the adjustable straps and it fit even over my winter coat. What do you guys think of it in the light gray? it was either that or lavender....

Yeeks you know i actually like the pushlocks. Ok i haven't played with mini ones, the smallest ones i've played with are the ones on the ZC. So i'm disappointed to hear they are now just for decorative purposes coss i think the pushlock gives it so much character! =(

ITA.
Even though the leather isn't as nice as before, MJ made some design improvements on the S/S 07 bags. The mini pushlock (hard to open on older bags) is for decorative purpose only now, there's actually a magnetic snap beneath it. I thought there was something wrong with Deborah & Tote at first b/c I couldn't get the mini pushlocks to open. LOL.

Do you like Christy? It has a magnetic closure, here is a picture of a White Christy from Saks online.

The magnetic closure probably works on a hobo only, it might look funny on a tote with double shoulder straps. I always like totes more than hobos.

That bag is gorgeous but I'm with you....I like totes much more than hobos.

hey ya all, i totally hear you about your concerns about the tote being a open top bag. I'm a tote gal and thankfully i haven't been pick pocketed all these years in NYC while trotting around the city in an open tote bag. =)

one option is to find a large drawstring bag and put it inside your tote bag. i do this when i have important stuff i'm carrying or traveling on planes. that way all the stuff is in your drawstring bag and you don't have to worry about things falling out.

OK this may be a little silly because it's like a bag within a bag but just think of the drawstring bag as a lining or a bag organizer

i can't help me. I love bags!!

that might make the deborah more platable for those of you concerned with the open top =)

I had a chance to stop by the boutique since I PMed you. I played around with Deborah & Eva for you & Emmy. =)

Deborah (open-top) is very comfortable on the shoulder; the straps are flat, plus, they are adjustable. I'm surprised by its weigh, it's too light for an MJ bag. I saw Tote (the longer version) in Navy, it doesn't jump out at me; Navy works on Venetia. White, on the other hand, grabs my attention. MJ stores haven't received the Lavendar version yet so I can't tell whether it will look even better than White.

Style wise, I like Venetia the most; it looks very sophisticated and elegant. Blake is smaller so it is a good choice for someone with a petite frame. For a comfortable shoulder bag, Deborah wins. =)

Thanks so much for thinking of me Helena!! I'm so excited for the Deborah, and I think that's the one I'll end up with. I have time to think about it, but I just love staring at it on my computer screen!!

For what its worth, I bought the Deborah in black but ended up returning it for two reasons. There is no closure at the top and I was concerned about the bag gaping open exposing my wallet and other things. Since its relatively narrow...2 1/2 in, I think, it was hard to get it to sit up when I set it down.
At the same time, I saw the white, which is gorgeous and I'm now obsessively thinking about it and trying to decide if I could "suffer"!!
By the way, this is my first post here but I've been lurking for sometime and obviously have a mad obsession for handbags (namely MJ)!!

Welcome to tpf!! Did you find that both straps fit comfortably on your shoulder? Did it gape open even when you were wearing it?

Thanks everyone for your replies! I love totes, even they're open-top, so I still think I will love the Deborah IRL. I might head up to Saks this weekend and see if they have it. I am definitely considering the white, but thithi is right, the navy would be so perfect!!!

I can't wait to go to NYC!!! I've said it before, but I'm so jealous of all of you who live there! I've been netflixing episodes of SATC for the past month to get me pumped up for the trip!!

Those MJ boutiques better watch out!!!

Jill--5 bags in one week?? You are my Handbag Idol!! :queen: