Help me decide (Baby Niki vs College)

Minor or not, it's extremely disappointing. You're right, a new bag should be in pristine condition. I'm so sorry. I've been there. It completely takes the excitement you had away. :sad:

It really does :sad:. What was your experience? I've decided to return it as it has already tainted the bag in a way.

It really does :sad:. What was your experience? I've decided to return it as it has already tainted the bag in a way.
When it happened to me the bag was tossed in a box that was way to big for it, and the dustbag was folded inside of it. (It was shipped from a department store). I sent it back the day I got it and went on the YSL site, considering purchasing from there instead. I chatted with what I thought was YSL customer service, it ended up being a lovely SA from a YSL store, and I made the purchase from her (same bag). I've since purchased four more bags from her and that's how I buy all my YSL bags from now on. She checks everything thoroughly before it's sent, sends me pictures if I'm undecided on a color, and it's always packaged with care (and a lovely note). Do you think you'll re-order the same bag? Did you love it when you saw it otherwise?

Reactions: Caisah
When it happened to me the bag was tossed in a box that was way to big for it, and the dustbag was folded inside of it. (It was shipped from a department store). I sent it back the day I got it and went on the YSL site, considering purchasing from there instead. I chatted with what I thought was YSL customer service, it ended up being a lovely SA from a YSL store, and I made the purchase from her (same bag). I've since purchased four more bags from her and that's how I buy all my YSL bags from now on. She checks everything thoroughly before it's sent, sends me pictures if I'm undecided on a color, and it's always packaged with care (and a lovely note). Do you think you'll re-order the same bag? Did you love it when you saw it otherwise?

Oh I see, how lucky you got in touch with her, must give you a feeling of peace (to know that she does her job). I've always bought bags directly from the stores (in person) so this hasn't been a great experience 🫠.

I'm not sure about the bag itself either, it smells like plastic and although the size is cute, I might need a tiny bit more space.
Actually thinking of getting a tiny PS1 instead as it's bigger but still have a relaxed feel to it (and no logo 😆). My ideal would be a balenciaga city but I don't want to get one because of what happened with their campaign.

I have a Baby Niki in the vintage leather that I purchased secondhand. I adore it and love how durable it is. Since mine has the vintage look, it doesn't bother me if the logo is a bit scratched. My bag is black with the Cassandre logo covered in leather, so it's easy to touch up if it does get chipped. I'm currently carrying it and need to find a summer bag, but I love this one so much. I also think the version with the black chain is super chic. Mine has the palladium hardware.

Hi!

I have a hard time deciding which bag to get, a baby Niki in "Storm" (or black) or a college in black with antique silver hardware. First I was thinking of getting a Gucci but there is something about the Saint Laurent bags that I just really like.

So I'm 5.5 and often wear black, white, beige, grey and blue, no patterns. If I want to play it "safe" it's better to get a black bag but I think perhaps "Storm" is adventurous enough 😄?

This is so hard...I like Niki because it seems care free and the college has a nice siluette and chain.
View attachment 5981218

View attachment 5981219

Any pro's and con's you think that I should be aware of?

TIA
I would get the college in black! It's timeless