Help! LV White MC Canvas Starting to Discolor on Edges!!

I was told by the SA at the LV store in Orlando today that this is only a defect with the white MC Mini HL, due to the way the interior is stitched... I have the white MC speedy as well and the SA said no other problems have ever been reported with any of the other pieces in the white MC collection. For this very reason, LV is no longer making this cute little bag in the MC (it still is available in the logo canvas). Hopefully I can get it in the black MC when all the smoke clears.

BTW- eLuxury does not have this particular defect on their list, so let's hope their communications between LV are much better! Still, eLuxury is kind enough to take care of this matter for me. I still won't rest fully until this whole thing is done.

Thanks for the info Vuittonhammie - looks like I'll make a trip into my local LV this week then and see what they can do about mine too - even though i bought it in 2003!

I don't really like the black mini HL though - I think MC looks much better on white. I thought maybe it was b/c mine was one of the first ones made... Do you know if Vuitton will give you a store credit instead?

Vuitton can't give me a store credit--In my particular case I will have to go to eLuxury since I purchased the bag thru them. For you, as long as you have a receipt or can go to the same store as you purchased it at (they probably have you in their computer system to look you up anyway...but just to be safe try to have as much 'paperwork' as you can on you) you should be able to show the SA the problem, show that the bag is not damaged in any other way, and they might be able to help you out!
Since it is a latent defect, there was no way you could have seen the problem upon purchase... this is a manufacturing defect that showed itself much later unfortunately. If they do offer you an exchange, I advise against getting another white one... the problem is with all of them in the white Mini HL style. Hopefully (if you're not set on the black) you can work with them to get store credit!! If you do, add to this post to let me know what happened!!

Oh I'm glad at least there wasn't too much hassle, besides not being able to do everything at the store. Poor little mini hl, the bleeding colour makes it sound like it was hurt !

I'm glad to hear that e-luxury will exchange the "defected" one for you. But I'm still sorry to hear about what happened to your original MC mini sac HL. :sad:
I've heard about this unfortunate problem regarding the white MC mini sac HL. However, from what I heard, this problem occurred in only some of the white mini sacs, not all of them. In fact, after I read your thread, I went to check my own white MC mini sac HL (which I've had for 2 years) and it looked perfectly fine around the vachetta edges, totally pristine. And I've used my white MC mini sac HL alot.

tweetie said:
OMG are you serious? I thought it was just me with this problem! i bought my white Mini HL when it first came out too and love it to pieces, but noticed that there was some staining along the vachetta trim - I had NO idea it was a defect! i just assumed the vachetta color was transferring onto the white.

Will they care that I bought my bag back in 2003 when it first came out?
I was wondering the same thing. I bought my Mini HL in 2003 when they first came out too, and it has been used quite a lot. Will they do anything for us in this case?

Glad to hear that eluxury is working with you on this Vuittonhammie!

Vuittonhammie said:
I was told by the SA at the LV store in Orlando today that this is only a defect with the white MC Mini HL, due to the way the interior is stitched... I have the white MC speedy as well and the SA said no other problems have ever been reported with any of the other pieces in the white MC collection. For this very reason, LV is no longer making this cute little bag in the MC (it still is available in the logo canvas). Hopefully I can get it in the black MC when all the smoke clears.

i was just there yesterday!! LV store in orlando....that is!

i carried my MC speedy yesterday and i noticed little bit of red bleeding through the stiches on top around the zipper.....i totally forgot to mention this to my SA...
sorry to hear about your baby speedy --- now you'll need a black MC speedy to go with your mini sac! ;) :heart: