Help! Colour transfer onto oak darwin...

Arghhh see this is what I'm talking about!!! ( see courage thread) Oak bags need looking after!!

Elkington my rosy got colour transfer from some dark jeans I was wearing and I have to say my method although fantastically crazy, worked!

But the I noticed the colour transfer pretty soon and without thinking a walked over to the make up section in M&S and rubbed away the stain with make up wipes.

I would never ask anyone to do this and I only did it in a moment of madness but have to say that the dark stain came out and my rosy was left as good as new.....phew.:sweatdrop:

I think that the fact she already has a substantial coating of collinil on her also helped.

looby loo said:
But the I noticed the colour transfer pretty soon and without thinking a walked over to the make up section in M&S and rubbed away the stain with make up wipes.

What a good idea, looby. I'll have to remember this just in case! I'm glad it worked and didn't leave any weird marks on your Rosy! That would've been awful! :wtf:

Arghhh see this is what I'm talking about!!! ( see courage thread) Oak bags need looking after!!

Elkington my rosy got colour transfer from some dark jeans I was wearing and I have to say my method although fantastically crazy, worked!

I would never ask anyone to do this and I only did it in a moment of madness but have to say that the dark stain came out and my rosy was left as good as new.....phew.:sweatdrop:

I think that the fact she already has a substantial coating of collinil on her also helped.

haha actually i did the same!! and it really helped, but you still can see a bit of the stains, i haven't had time yet to buy some leather cream! i'm also about unsure which one to buy :confused1:
another question: does the colour transfer also happen with black jeans or just with dark blue denim jeans?

^ i put a camera strap on my rosy, not a guitar strap! ;) camera straps have clippers which make it very easy to attach them!
but i think if you buy clippers seperately and put them through the wholes of a guitar strap, it's going to work the same way!

i attached a close up photo for you :smile:

Attachments

• DSC07002.JPG
    DSC07002.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 60
Oh my golly gosh, with all this talk (old and new) about color transfer onto oak darwin, it's making me scared of getting oak as I wear washed out denim a lot. Am I overreacting?

^well in my case the colour transfer happened with a brand new dark blue jeans that hasn't been washed before, but i thought after washing them a few times this doesn't happen anymore? or am i wrong?

i'm still wondering whether this can happen with black jeans too or just with dark blue jeans? anyone?

^^^ washed out denim should be fine. I would guess that it can happen with black jeans too, as they have a lot of dye in them. Be careful!

I like the camera strap!