hello again I got my bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats! it's a great bag! :love::love:

and i guess it'll be your ONLY bag for a long time to come since you had to take out a loan... not sure if that's a wise move tho...

nevertheless... the joy of owning the dream bag! :heart:

helen_100 said:
I have been saving up for a Louis Vuitton bag sice 1999 and im only a cleaner.

And in your first post you wrote -

"Hello, my name is Helen. I have been saving up for a Louis Vuitton bag since 1995, im only a cleaner and do not have a large salary so it has took me this long to get the money together for my dream bag"

So which one is true? Honestly if you took out a bank loan to buy a handbag that was a really silly decision. I don't believe a word of this.:rolleyes:

helen_100 said:
hello im helen
I think this place is a place to talk about LV purses..but this story sounds like it is made up - When someone says 'hello im helen' - maybe this person is young or old making this story up. As most, not everyone, but most people capitalize their first word in a sentence. But if this is a true story - I'm sad someone had to get a loan. :crybaby: Loans are not easy to get - and not easy to pay back. I learned when I was 19, with my credit card, it was so easy to max. And now that I pay with Cash, every single thing I buy, I appreciate. I know its something I earned, credit and loans are for much larger purchases, like a home, car. Loans and Credit cards should be used on rare occasions - interest is the awful part of credit and loans. I'm 29 now, it took me about 5 years to figure this lesson. But this story isn't about me - I just wanted to say, I sure hope this is a made up story.

bluekit said:
I like the relatively more credible story of the speedy better. :shrugs:

Agreed. Don't know if anyone noticed, but in the first post she went from wanting a speedy to a stamped GM. Quite a considerable difference in price and a major change of heart in a matter of minutes. And then another change of heart upon walking into the store.

i've been back and forth on this thread too. i don't normally respond to threads where there is a lot of doubt. but helen, if your story really is true, then it was an extremely unwise thing to do, getting a loan just for a bag. it just isn't worth the trouble.

even if you'd spent only $280 for the Mono Pochette Accessoires as your first LV, everyone here would have been happy for you. we're not here to judge people based on the size or price of their bags, whether it's a Wapity or a Fringe Bucket. there's no need to fabricate anything to get people's empathy or good impressions.

Well....I read when the thread started and didn't know how to respond..

The whole thing sounds too weird but Congrats on your new bag, I don't think I would do take a loan for a bag if I am in your financial situation.
It doesn't make sense that you saved up since 1995 for $600 and in the last minutes decided to get the bag that cost thousands..
Ok the bag is pretty but not "loan' kind of pretty.
It's suppose to be your first bag ??

hello, I have read some of your posts and im very unhappy that you think I would lie to you. I have been saving up for this bag since 1999 but I have other bills to pay. When I rushed to the bank I was allready in the middle of getting a loan for a new kitchen but the bank man talked me more through it and thats when I decided to take the loan for my dream bag. I allready had the appropriate paperwork with me. The bank allowed me to take out the loan because it was secured my my deceased husbands house. I do not try and make you feel sorry for me in my posts and Im sorry if I do. I came on here to make new friends and Im upset that you think I would lie to you. I will be paying off my loan for maybe 20 years but my bag is for life.

hey ya
congrats on your new bag!!! i love the speedy!!! woop woop!!! the speedy was my FIRST lv piece too!!!
and hey you're NOT just a cleaner!!! you've GOT a job and thats great!!! :wlae:

Status
Not open for further replies.