Have you ever met anyone famous?

I sat next to Verne "Mini Me" Troyer on a flight. He was very nice and signed his boarding pass for my nephews. Met Demi Moore at a local party when she was filming GI Jane, Chris Isaak signing autographs after a concert, saw Jake Gyllenhaal riding his bike in LA a few months ago.

gosh I used to work at a restaurant where tons of famous people would come in all the time - Gladstone's 4 Fish in Malibu/Pacific Palisades. Here is a list of all the people I can remember, most you will have heard of, I will put a reference for ones you might not know:

Drew Barrymore - super cool, showed me ALL her tats in the bathroom
Courteney Cox
Neve Campbell
Paul Newman
Dr. Dre
Forest Whittaker
Arsenio Hall
Joe Mantegna - Godfather
Montell Jordan
Mary J. Blige
Tupac
Joe Montana - Football player
Warren G. - rapper
Danielle Fisher - Boy Meets World
Mark-Paul Gosselaar - Zack from Saved by The Bell - went to high school w/him
Mario Lopez - Saved by The Bell
Elisa Donovan - Clueless
Justin Walker - Clueless - BFF dated him
Nicole Kidman - made her a Vanilla Ice Blended (when I worked at Coffee Bean)
Davey Jones - 60's band The Monkees
Joe Don Rooney - guitarist from Rascal Flatts
George Stults - dated Mary in 7th Heaven, brother plays Lucy's DH
Jenny McCarthy - funniest girl I have ever met
Kennedy - MTV VJ
Amanda Bynes - TV show, what I like about you
Heather Locklear - I worked as an extra on Melrose Place
Jack Wagner - melrose
Andrew Shue - melrose
Courtney Thorne Smith - melrose, according to jim
Sir Anthony Hopkins - coolest man on the planet!!
Nick Van Exel - basketball player
Valerie Bertinelli - 80's show One Day at a Time
Jason Wiles - BH 90210 (played Kelly's BF Colin)
Joey Lawrence - Blossom tv show - wooh!
Ryan McPartlin - played the boyfriend on Living With Fran - lives across the street from me
Eric Bruskotter - played Big John (the farter) in movie Can't buy me love - lives same city
Tracey Gold - Growing Pains - her kids go to school w/ mine

Joshua Morrow - plays Nick Newman on Young and The Restless - dated him briefly
Steve Burton - plays Jason Morgan on General Hospital (made out w/him on VDay in 93)

I know there are tons more but I'm drawing a blank!

4/5 of Backstreet Boys :biggrin: (Nick Carter, Brian Littrell, Kevin Richardson, AJ McLean)

Aaron Carter

Some of the One Tree Hill Cast - James Lafferty, Hilarie Burton, Lee Norris, Tyler Hilton

Zac Efron

My parents run a charity so I have been fortunate to meet various people through their work:
Sarah, duchess of york and beatrice & eugenie are good friends of our family, Sarah sends me birthday/xmas cards each year. She used to run a charity called children in crisis with my s/mum.

Eric Clapton, Gaby Roslin, Christopher Biggins and Rula Lenska were at a charity ball at goodwood house that my dad bought me a table at for my 18th birthday. Rula is my mums dearest friend & officially bonkers.

I met Paul Cook from the Sex Pistols, Chris Evans & Billie Piper and the gay one from Boyzone at an after party at SBE in London. I had the misfortune to meet Alan Fletcher (Karl Kennedy) on more than one occasion when he played our students union. I used to hang out with a band called the Dumdums, and spent quite a bit of time on the feeder tourbus with a mate of mine. I met Geri Halliwell at a convention in London and got to know James Gooding (Kylie's ex) in treatment, she came to visit him and said hello to everyone but naturally they wanted space! Jonathan from G4 grew up near me and the band are so amazing at helping my parents charity, they're real darlings who love nothing more than having hugs from my stepmummy.

Final claim to meeting someone famous --> Joan & Jackie Collins grew up in my village and used to play ping pong in the garage of our family house. with my mum when she was very young. My uncle is friends with their brother Bill to this day :yes:

I've been very lucky indeed!

I work in sports and have met a good amount of sports stars (my favorite was Ozzie Smith!) and I also literally almost ran into Joshua Jackson of Dawson's Creek fame at a hockey game once. But that's about it - no big-time celebs.

I have also met alot of famous people:

Met the cast of Growing Pains while they were filming in Hawaii. I have a picture with Kirk Cameron. (My family was on VC)
I have been in the bathroom at Barneys when Marie Chantal and Alexandra von Furstenberg were having a sisterly chat.
I was dining in a restaurant on 57th street with Claudia Schiffer, her father, and then boyfriend David Cooperfield.
I was eating in a restaurant in Brooklyn next to Stephen Baldwin and two female companions.
My grandfather used to be invited to alot of political events. I was at a dinner for Hillary ******* at Ron Perlmans' house and spoke to both of them. (His house is MAGNIFICANT!!)

quite a few. my dad was a diplomat and now i am one too so quite a few heads of state, prime ministers, kofi annan, the dalai lama, rigoberta menchú (nobel peace prize laureate).
i didn't meet her but i saw audrey hepburn in person when i was 11 and she was still goodwill ambassador at the UN, this was not long before she died. i'll never forget that. she was very captivating and beautiful, even at her age.
lots of famous people live in geneva. i met phil collins when he moved to our little village outside the city when i was a teenager and i'd run into him at the bakery or riding a bike with his much younger now ex-wife.
i've met a few tennis players - marc rosset, roger federer, marat safin, nicolas lapentti.
there's more but i'm drawing a blank...

Reactions: pomeline
I was on a date with my then-boyfriend at Sushi Samba in NY on Valentine's Day 2003. Keri Russell (of Felicity fame) was at the table next to us. I asked her for her autograph and she was incredibly gracious and signed "Happy Valentine's Day Jennifer!". Very down-to-earth and sweet and polite...PS - she was there with three girlfriends :P

yeppers, i went to high school w/robert sean leonard (bottom left) & dated charlie schlatter (bottom right), both actors ;)

Attachments

• Robert.jpg
    Robert.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 356
  • csch65.jpg
    csch65.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 382
I've met quite a few famous people. I won't mention the person's name BUT it is a socialite with a hotel chain for a last name. Anyway, one of her entourage stole my friends bag while we were at a club. To make a long story short, they denied it but it was the VIP section and they were the only other ones up there besides the me and the people I was with. I called her Fire crotch! Next day my friend got her bag returned to her with a note saying she was sorry.

I've also met a lot of people in the music industry.

Reactions: sharonephone