Have you ever had creepy people knock on your door in the middle of the night?

Oooh what a weird coincidence that I saw this thread today! At 11:45pm the other night, I had just gotten into bed and there was this mad running and a mad thumping on our front door. My bf opened it and there was this kid standing there going "is my sister here?" I was hiding down the corridor in my dressing gown by that time and I seriously thought it was a crazy person at the wrong house. My bf said he was about 15 and just kept asking if his sister was at our place - after my bf told him no, his sister wasn't here, he just up and left and we haven't heard anything since - so weird!

I always have weird creepy men ringing my door bell at 3 am, I have to hide in the bathroom and climb out the window, go upstares to my neighboors window and crawl in bed with him , thats after they slipped me a 50 for using the powder room.

:roflmfao: I love that movie.

These stories are the reason why I sleep with a club next to my bed! My biggest fear is someone breaking into my house while I'm asleep.

Anyway, after complaining to my dad for months about how afraid I am to live alone, he bought me THIS club.

http://www.swordsandarmor.com/images/MACE-Spiked_Head.jpg

This is the exact one that I have next to my bed. I feel much better now!!

that's a serious club! Maybe I should get on of those. I thought about getting a gun, but I really don't feel comfortable owning one.

:popcorn: I'm hooked on this thread!

I *always* let people know I'm home if they ring the doorbell, day or night. I don't want them trying to break in if they think the place is empty. I just tell yell out for them to go away.

Last edited:
I have to stop reading this thread, if I continue I won't be able to sleep tonight!

In college, I caught a Peeping Tom who climbed into my balcony (don't even know how), he ran away by the time police came, but that seems really tame compared to some of these terrifying stories!

I live in a really safe neighbourhood so I've never really worried about this sort of thing. We've got neighbours on all sides and across the street - I think if anyone had a drama in our street, there would be about 40 people on the scene to help in a second.

I have a couple stories... not anywhere near as scary and some of these!

my freshman year in college i lived in the dorms. i've a VERY light sleeper and at about 3 or 4 am i woke up to the door opening. I figured it was just my roommate coming back from the bathroom but i didn't hear her get back into bed or anything so i looked over at her bed and there she was sound asleep!! i got up real fast and locked the door!

a couple years ago i lived in an apartment by myself. (i as well HATE first floor apartments and try to avoid them). this apartment was on the 2nd floor and 2 nights real close to eachother i would hear someone jiggling the door knob. i figured someone was probably just confused and had the wrong apartment.

i also do not answer my door if i don't know who's knocking. or at least i never did when i lived in an apartment. one day someone kept knocking over and over and random times during the day. finally one time i snuck out of my apartment and i came back and saw a note on my door saying that their kids football had gotten stuck on my balcony. oops!

now i live in a house and i am ALWAYS double checking my locks.. even if i'm home my doors are all locked. I rarely keep my windows open because my house only has one floor and a basement. so one more i was an appointment and i couldn't find my keys... i looked EVERYWHERE... finally i had to think about what i did when i came home the night before... I left them in the lock in the door!!!!!! Needless to say i feel slightly safer knowing that i accidentally left all of my keys still inside the door lock that anyone could get into my house or garage and nothing happened.

I live alone and i don't even like to take the trash out at night (i work nights before trash day).

this thread is scary :shocked: I want to go see that movie but I know I wont be able to sleep at night because I'm such a milquetoast...

Anyway, I also have a story to share. When I was little I used to stay over at my Grandma's house when my parents were at work. Our front door was always open during the summer days, because there were 7 children on that street, all playing on the street and every now and then we'd run into our house to get soda or candy or use the bathroom. I was in the kitchen to drink some water and my grandma was there too, preparing dinner. Suddenly we hear footsteps in the corridor and next thing I know, is there is this tall guy in our kitchen and he starts talking about religion and how the only way to be saved is... you know what. I got so scared because he was really loud and I felt something was wrong. My Grandmother then told him to get out NOW else she'll start yelling and the neighbors sure would hear it (they were in the garden, less than 30 feet from the kitchen). He asks her if he can leave his flyer for us to read but my grandma just shook her head and pointed towards the door. He then left without a word. It was the weirdest thing ever and since that day, we locked the door and I needed to ring the doorbell if I wanted in.

[q
is your mom still with the same boy friend

uote=wordbox;6617677]I'm pretty sure the police got the guy. I'd have to ask my mom the other questions, though, as I'm not sure. This happened at least 20 years ago. The next time I talk to her, I'll ask her more about it![/quote]

I live alone and i don't even like to take the trash out at night (i work nights before trash day).

Actually, you shouldn't take out the trash the night before. I've heard stories of how ppl go through your trash to find your personal information through letters and stuff.

Some of these stories really freak me out. None of my stories are as freaky but there was once when someone rang the doorbell ard 3am and it woke me and my brother up. and we both got out of our rooms and he was like "who the hell is that" and I was just like "it better not be one of yr friends wanting to sleep over". But when we got to the door, there was no one there.

A strange story that I have is someone rang the bell and I answered it, and they were looking for our neighbour. Our neighbour is kinda well known in our town. So I didn't really think too much abt it and I was just like "oh uve got the wrong house..it's that one (and pointed to their house which was next to ours) and he was like "ok thanks". Didn't really think too much about it but then when I sat on the couch and looked out the window, I saw that he wasn't walking towards our neighbour's house but towards his car, and he sat in there for a few minutes and then drove off.

One week later, someone comes to our house looking for the same neighbour. and i was just like "uve got the wrong house" and he went "Oh..I'm sorry. so is it that house over there" and I said "mmhmm". So after he left I tried to look out the window to see where he went but it was too dark to see and our houses are parallel so I had to really strain to be able to see...but then I saw their porch light go on(meaning someone is walking/driving past their house) and I could see their porch steps..but no one walked up to their door.

When I lived in Chicago, I lived in a coach house...the house behind the big house, which was essentially a converted garage. It was a nicer area around Lincoln Park, and about 100 ft. off a major intersection where there were stores and lots of people. However, in order to get in to my place, I had to walk down an alley, and go through a gate with a motion detector. I was always nervous going in and out of the alley at night, and when I had to do this I would often run from my place, through the alley to the busy street as FAST as possible. As busy as the intersection was the alley was usually empty-scary.

I am tall and thin, and at that time attracted a fair amount of unwanted attention. I'm guessing I was being watched, and my comings and goings were noticed.

One night at around 10pm or so, I heard the gate open and the light detector went on. I assumed this was the owner on his way to the big house through the back entrance, but I'm super cautious and looked out the window to the alley. As I was doing this I heard a loud knock on my door. I could see a car waiting in
the alley...a low 70's Nova type, and this was the later nineties....a very old, beat up car.

I went to the door, and of course didn't open it. I asked..."Yes, can I help you?" A man answered: "I got lost...could you help me with directions? I told him I didn't drive and was terrible at directions. At this point I was so afraid my head was swimming, and I can't remember exactly what he said next, but it was something like "could I come in for a minute and have you show me where we are on my map."

I asked him why he had come into an alley, opened a gate, climbed up my coach house stairs and knocked on a strangers door, when just outside the alley there were tons of open businesses. He ignored this, and asked to come in again. I said that I was calling the police, and did so....I called 911.

He runs down the stairs and gets out of there in his Nova, where his male friend was waiting, as fast as possible....screeching tires and all.

The police @ 911 told me that I did the right thing, but if he came back, I should mention that I have gun(I don't really have one). A really cute officer was on the scene very quickly and calmed my nerves.

NEVER open the door! Ask what they want through a locked door, and even if you feel it's legit, offer to call assistance for the person, or direct them to a gas station...etc.

Last edited:
I have a really creepy story. Last summer, right after I graduated from college, I took a teaching job (just for a few weeks) in my college town. I subletted a basement room from a girl who lived in a house with a bunch of guys. I had a separate entrance and luckily, the little bedroom door locked. But, the guys who lived in the actual house could come down to my area if they wanted to (there was no barrier), but they never did. They seemed like totally nice guys, even though I only bumped into one of them once when he was doing his laundry.

However, I was constantly scared because during the time I was living there, there was a rapist on the loose -- he had broken into an apartment and beaten/raped a girl who lived a few blocks away from me. Because of that, I refused to leave my little basement room past dark and always kept the door locked to my bedroom (even during the afternoons!).

One night, I kid you not, I woke up to someone JIGGLING MY BEDROOM DOOR HANDLE. I almost passed out, and curled up in a ball in the corner with my cell phone at the ready in case I had to call someone for help (I didn't want to make any noise). Eventually, the jiggling went away.

Now, I'm not sure if it was the rapist or just my imagination (I actually KNOW it wasn't my imagination!), but when the rapist was caught, the news stories I read said that he had never forced his way into a building to attack someone, he used to just try door handles until he found an unlocked one! Also -- he ended up living TWO DOORS AWAY FROM ME!

I found all of that out a few months after I had moved away for good, when he was caught, and I got chills all up and down my spine. Terrifying!
OMG katrines, the hairs on the back of my neck just stood up after reading your story! That's SO terrifying and I'm SO relieved that nothing happened to you, that the p***k was caught, and that you no longer live there anymore! *Whew*

It's amazing how all it takes is one moment of absent thinking to open up an opportunity that can put yourself or someone else in danger. After reading your story, I'll make sure even more so that all of my doors are always locked before I go to bed. DANG. Glad you're safe. :heart:

I 've had strange people come to my door after dark wanting to use my phone or looking for people that I don't know. I got tired of telling folks to get the f**k off my porch at 2 or 3 am. I had on guy come on my pouch and beat on my door and demand that I let him in. My husband was out of town and I was so scared. I called the police but they took forever to come. By the time they showed up the guy was long gone. I invested some money in a security door that made out of steel and a gun that I keep in a lock box. I hate having a gun in the house but I have to have some protection for myself and my kids when my husband not here.

Nope, that has never happened to me THANK GOD!!

But I did have a peeper!:wtf: So weird and scary! I was about 17 or 18 and still lived with my parents, I can't recall if I was still in high school or not. Well, anyway I way laying on my bed reading a magazine with the lamp on (we had burglar bars on the house). I had the windows open that night (it was late the early moring hours) because I love fresh air and it was windy that night. I remember looking up towards the window because I got that creepy feeling that someone was watcing me and saw a pair of eyes looking at me. I just yelled " HEY!" in a mad tone jumped off my bed and looked out the window we had screens also. I couldn't see anyone I ran to my parents room and told them and my dad got his gun and ran out of the house to look for him. ( I am assuming it was a man) Never found anyone. After that night I always felt ubcomfortable getting dressed in my room. I would secure my windows first. SO SCARY!