Have you ever felt awkward carrying an LV?

I don't feel awkward. Pretty much everyone has a fake one, so it's not much of a statement. I only have a few monogram bags and I'm sure no one recognizes the other lines as LV.

I really love that (dont call me a *****) but i actually love when the people i hate admire me for my expensive vuitton purses that makes me feel better specially that days when i fell so depresed... :nuts:
Also i hate when my friends say that s**t about i shouldnt spend that much on a purse well, what the f***ing problem is?? :mad: im realy lucky to have the money and i would spend it as i wishh!! :yes:
Also I feel a bit shy when ppl ask me how much is my bag, especially when my not-so-rich family ask me that :confused1:

I used to mind a lot what my friends thought of my designer bags when most of them won't even spend more than $100 on a new bag. They think I'm crazy.

Then I worried about my colleagues/boss at work think when I started working. I worry especially that my boss would think I'm just a flighty socialite wannabe who's not serious about work.

Now with age and maturity, I don't give a flying fish what people think anymore...life is too short for that. I just make sure I prove myself at work, and I'm always sensitive to those around me who can't afford to throw their money away like me on Vuitton bags. When people ask me, I always say I would rather pay more for quality because designer bags amortise real good over 20 years...course no one need ever know none of my LV bags ever last me that long :nuts:

Attitude counts a lot. Then again, it could all be in your mind...your colleagues/friends may not even care...the silence after they knew you were carrying an LV bag to work couold mean they THEMSELVES were thinking, "Ding! I should get one too!!" ;)

Last year I walked into a full elevator at the office and there was my boss, he goes "oh is that louis vuitton, good taste, we must be paying you too much" I was caught so off guard, but in 2 seconds replied "well...actually you don't, since all I could afford was this tiny bag"...I was carrying my pochette accessoires at the time :upsidedown:

^good come back!!! :smile:

i sometimes feel awkward carrying mine that's why i want a low key damier bag. haven't used my mc alma much cos it's soo loud and obvious.. i love it but i can't bring it to work... the guys i work with are used to seeing my mono speedy but i do wonder what my boss is thinking when i'm coming in w/ new bags all the time.. and he always seems to notice... he complimented me on my balenciaga work bag the other day! :shrugs:

I can relate. Sometimes I feel bad, especially around one particular friend who made comments like "I would never spend $__ for a purse" and "it's just a bag". Yeah, I think comments like that stem from jealousy, whether they want to admit it or not. I have a good taste, I don't mind having loud accessories (belt, shoes, purses) and sometimes my purse costs more than my car payment. Half of me could careless of what people are thinking when they see me with my fun LV pieces. The other half of me try hard to let people get to me when the whisper and comment on my bag. Just smile and move along.

I don't usually feel uncomfortable carrying my LV anywhere. Yesterday I ordered a Damier off ELUX and told my coworker about it and she wanted to know how much it was so I told her..I don't really care if she knows. So I dropped it, because I would never want to make anyone feel uncomfortable or think I'm bragging. :shame:
So today I walk down to see her and my boss comes out of her office while there are a couple of other people there and she is like "I want to see this purse of yours"..I was speechless! My coworker told her, but maybe not that it was an LV because I had to tell her that and then pull up ELUX and show her the picture!!!!!!! I'd have to say this was the first time I've ever felt uncomfortable about my LV habit. I found myself spurting out.."well I sold some Coach purses" and "I've been saving up money because I don't have rent to pay anymore". IT WAS SO AKWARD!!!!!!!!! But let me just tell you, I cannot wait to get my new LV and carry it proudly to work!:girlsigh:
(maybe this is the reason I'm not getting as big a raise as my coworker, they think I'm overpaid!! hahaha)

I used to give men money because I felt bad about myself. Now that I just have one person to support I will buy whatever I please and its no ones business how I spend my money. My girlfriends that are struggling actually make way more than me they just do not know how to make a buget and manage money. I buget strictly and when I want something I save for it. This semester of Nursing school has been hard and Im rewarding myself with a LV bag. woo hoo.

You know what Troya, don't feel bad at all. If you have the means to, without the worry of living expenses, I say buy whatever you want. You shouldn't appologize to anyone or feel bad for having a family that makes sure you're taken care of. I used to have to hear it all the time from my ex about how his "parents don't pay for [his] car, etc. the way your parents pay for your car..." Well you know what, that's why he's my ex. I can't help it if my parents pay for my living, and car, etc, and you can't either. Anyone who is openly talking sh*t about your ability to spend how you like is just jealous, and is TRYING to make you feel bad. Don't let them get the best of your excitement over what you own. I don't care what anyone says about my lovely Louis, I carry it proudly wherever I go because I worked hard for it, Best of all, I love it when they say "I would never pay that much for a purse" or "what a waste of money", it just reminds me of what it's worth to me :heart: and that's all that really matters.

I agree! actually, I HAD a friend like this. We would go out and he's always complaining about money for this and that. He used to tell me that next yr, his parents are forcing him to move outta the house, or get a job, pay for his own university tuitions....etc. So when we went out, he would never pay for parking (even tho there was a perfectly empty parking lot right in front of our destination) and made me walk for a mile and once we finally got there, the show closed. I usually don't want to say this, but people like him are CHEAP A$$es. I don't mind if a person is not rich or quite well-off, in fact, most of my friends aren't, but I hate it when they complain.

The only time I felt weird carrying LV was when I got pissed off by people who found out that I'm a med-student, and they're like "ughh...med people aren't supposed to carry LVs"..... and it's like, WHO said that? Just because I'm not totally desheveled looking, wearing big thick glasses and 'ordinary' clothes which I guess is their idea of a proper nerd's attire, doesn't mean that I can't be into luxury items. So then i realized just exactly how the world views me, some typical dumb girl who's only into clothes and bags. I say, GO AHEAD and think like that, you'll be surprized when I smash you on the next test! haha

I feel ackward when I am not carrying an LV or Gucci...designer or nothing...I know...I do not like that about myself but, I am fussy when it comes to handbags...not sure why...but I am...

this is actually why i'm debating if i should buy a muti speedy or not. i absolutely love it but i'm not used to carrying such expensive/flashy bags and my friends certainly don't either. i think i will feel self conscious if i were to flaunt that thing around...

this is actually why i'm debating if i should buy a muti speedy or not. i absolutely love it but i'm not used to carrying such expensive/flashy bags and my friends certainly don't either. i think i will feel self conscious if i were to flaunt that thing around...

IF you love it go for it...do not flaunt it just enjoy it...there is a difference and you do not sound like the type of person to flaunt...it is your life and do what makes you happy and who cares what others think...it is none of their business...you love you go for it and be HAPPY!!!