Have you ever been snubbed while wearing LV and other designers?

Wow! I guess you get what you pay for! At the higher end stores I think they train the SAs to not so much as blink when you walk in, no matter what you're wearing! It's hard when you look young for your age...

I once walked into a high-end clothing boutique because they had a designer trunk show I wanted to see. The store was rather crowded. I tried on a coat and an SA came up to me and without a word took it off my shoulders and nudged me toward the door. I was wearing a winter parka, jeans and boots, none of which were in the greatest condition, and noticed that other customers in the store were comparatively much better dressed. I was rather surprised at being treated this way and didn't say anything, figuring I'd just take my business elsewhere. Then as I sauntered down the mall another SA ran out of the store and invited me back into the store.

I think some people have very precise pre-conceived notions about what qualities in other people make them deserving of being treated with politeness and respect. And as the years progress those notions seem to have grown more restrictive as evidenced by the growing the number of SAs who are polite to no one.

I no longer think it's about class or how you look or what you wear. The people who are rude to you are just rude, plain and simple, and they're rude and mean to everyone. We the recipients of their rudeness are not being singled out.

I don't get it - you seem to be implying that she shouldn't have been rude to you because your "new pomme coin purse probably costs more than her stupid outfit".
TBH, with an attitude like that I probably would have been tempted to be rude to you too.

Okay, after cooling down a bit and reading what I just wrote, I feel pretty bad with the words that I've said. I didn't intend to make it sound as if I was better than her, but she was looking at me up and down and then my bag...as if she thought it was fake. I don't know why, but I got pretty heated at what she said to me. I apologize if my rant was bothersome to anyone.

I think more often than not, rude SA's would be rude no matter what you wear. I've never felt snubbed because of something I was or was not wearing, or my age, etc. . . . I think that's irrelevent.
*****y people are *****y people. . . .

ITA. Plus, I don't think it's right to assume that you should get better service if you wear expensive clothing/bags. I agree, I would just chalk it up to the fact that sometimes customer service isn't very good sometimes, particularly at discount department stores.

I used to live in Boston, and am quite familiar with Filene's Basement (i used to shop there a lot). For those not familiar, it's basically on the same level as Ross, Marshall's, or TJ Maxx. Their changing room is just one big communal changing room (one big room, where everyone changes in front of everyone, no doors or anything). It's clearly a department store that sells highly discounted items. So I think it's a bit ridiculous to assume that you can get the same service there as you would at a Chanel boutique. Sure, the SAs there have no right to be rude to you, but again, what do you expect, it's a discount department store. I'm sure the SAs there have to deal with a lot more "riffraff" (e.g. ppl shoplifting, etc) than at high-end boutiques, which can partially explain their attitude.

Not to come across as rude but regardless of what you were wearing or carrying, I don't think that should entitle you to different treatment that the average person. Based on what I have read it is the nature of the store and regardless of where you go, if you feel entitled to be treated a certain way because of what you own then you will be gravely disappointed. SA's respond to the vibe you give off...

I don't get it - you seem to be implying that she shouldn't have been rude to you because your "new pomme coin purse probably costs more than her stupid outfit".
TBH, with an attitude like that I probably would have been tempted to be rude to you too.

I agree.

I have never been snubbed, but I am not usually aggressively pursued either.I look really young even though i'm 22, most probably assume i'm just browsing. At the Coach boutiques I usually attract the more timid SAs which is cool because I am probably one of the easiest customers to work with. I usually go in knowing exactly what I wantThe last time I went to the Coach Outlet I was followed around by an SA who was in love with my Carly, she told me people were asking if the outlet sold it.But I don't really like being followed so having people ignore me is a positive until I want to buy something.

That was definitely jealosy! Perhaps in a kind of backhanded way, it was a compliment to you. She wished she could have what you have!

I never get dressed up to go shopping, I just wear good quality, but casual clothes!

I live in Canada and walk into L.V. wearing a parker and boots, but my parker is worth a thousand dollars.

I'm sure she knew what your casual clothes were worth!!

Just laugh through your teeth a her!!

:roflmfao:

I've shopped everywhere from Walmart to Hermes and I've NEVER in my life had an SA brush me off. But I'm also not the kind of person who thinks they're above shopping at certain stores :whistle:...

Let's hope this doesn't turn into a thread similar to the "Designer Bag/Wal-Mart or Target Clothing" post in The Wardrobe :rolleyes:

Rude people are rude, no matter who you are or what you're wearing, or how much it costs.

There is one near me and the only issue I have (well, two issues, really, lol) is

1) the place looks like a tornado hit it (all the time, lol)
2) I can NEVER find someone when I NEED to find someone to help me.

Actually, I think #2 could be applied to just about most stores today as CS isn't what it used to be. Not always, but more often than not.

I think she was just bitter because you are young and obviously have $$ and she was there working. Who knows, she probably thought "little rich girl" and didn't want to have to "serve" you...forget about it, people like this aren't worth it.