Have Buyer RE-LIST or carry transaction out of eBay?

I was going to pm you, chocograce, but I see that you don't accept pm's or emails.

1. Why would the buyer have to pay a fee? It's against ebay policy, and if the seller originally was selling the item on ebay, she should have taken the fee into account. I don't see why she should charge the BIN price plus a fee.

2. As a seller, I would not agree to sell outside of ebay because I won't get seller protection. Doesn't matter if it's to a tpf member.

3. Being a tpf member isn't enough, especially non-established. I'm not saying anyone is untrustworthy...it's just we had tpf members get scammed and scam people before. Just always exercise the normal precautions. Trust your instincts, but don't abandon all precautions just because it's a tpf member.

Hi Cola262, thanks for all your tips! I didn't even know my pm/emailing was de-activated so I'll need to figure out how to change that!:smile:

Call me stupid but can't you just buy insurance in case an item gets lost if you sell it outside ebay? Insurance isn't that expensive?

I've done outside transactions, only when I've really trusted the buyer/seller based on fb and if they're also on tpf. It's a risk, but haven't been scammed yet knock on wood!

What a wonderful idea! Since it'd all be done on ebay we can leave each other stellar feedback, too (I know I am in need of more, LOL)

I didn't know it'd be cheaper to list a brand new private auction than to re-list an item. I'm glad that would help you though.

Also, I should get insurance, which I know will add more to the cost, right? How do we go about setting the insurance part up?

My boyfriend says that priority mail doesn't include insurance and that we'd have to go up insured express mail through USPS. Do you know if this is correct? I know it will be more to ship it that way but I'd rather do that then see a Chloe get lost in the mail!

Ok, if we have 660 + ?insured express = ?
I see you are on tpf so hopefully you will get this!
Priority mail does not include insurance in the price, but you can add it on...it is not that much.

You mentioned feedback...if the bag is relisted for $.01 and it appears that it was purchased that way on the auction (even though the buyer is going to pay more), wouldn't it look kinda strange for other ebayers that look at your feedback...wondering why you sold a Chloe bag for $.01?

Hi Chocograce, I replied your email!

Hi Everyone, thanks for the good advice. But crap--we carried out the private auction before we saw all the posts after Carmen's last message (above)! You had all very good points, hopefully everything will turn out ok despite what we overlooked. Thanks again and hopefully you'll see a pic of me with my first Chloe!!!

Insurance covers a bag that is lost or damaged in shipping, but:
1. Post office is very difficult to collect $$ from in even of a loss
2. Insurance covers only if the seller actually SHIPPED the bag - what if seller never ships it or there is nothing in the box? You can't prove to the post office the value if you have sold the bag for .01. That goes for Paypal too as far as proving bag value if you have sold it for .01.

I just sold a coach legacy satchel off of ebay to a friend on another forum. We did paypal and also a part trade as she is a seller on ebay and I saw something she had I wouldn't mind having.

I shipped the bag with del conf and insurance using UPS and she did the same for me in return, but paid right away using paypal.

It worked out great and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Saved on the ebay fee's, because as soon as buyer let me know she wanted the bag, I took it down from ebay and just had to pay for my listing fees.