Has anyone noticed their Gunmetal hardware peeling?

I've read so many reviews of the gunmetal chipping. I've seen some Quilted Love bag reviews on youtube where some people were complaining about it and a few reviews of the same bag on the RM website had some nasty stuff to say about their gunmetal hardware. I just received my bag, it's beautiful but I'm so nervous about it. It's going to be a huge distraction for me. I might just end up going with silver hardware if this ends up chipping. I hope their customer service is good if this happens to me.

For those with peeling - what's the remedy? For black hardware, black nailpolish...is there a gunmetal nailpolish or will black do even for gunmetal hardware?

I just purchased a love crossbody with gunmetal hw with a bit of peeling for cheap.

For those with peeling - what's the remedy? For black hardware, black nailpolish...is there a gunmetal nailpolish or will black do even for gunmetal hardware?

I just purchased a love crossbody with gunmetal hw with a bit of peeling for cheap.
IDK but you could try finding a nail polish as close as possible to the gunmetal color - probably better than using black