Has anyone bought the YSL Muse?

ShannonC1 said:
I just bought the Oversized Chocolate Muse today and absolutely love it! I can wear it comfortably on my shoulder with my leather coat, and it looks nice on my arm as well. I'm 5'6 and average build.

I also have to rave about the service at YSL on Oak St. in Chicago. Just an absolutely wonderful shopping experience, a real first for me when dealing with high end boutiques. I generally have the SAs treat me shabbily because they assume at my age I can't afford to shop there. Not the case at YSL. (Take that, Saks!)

same here ShannonC1! im still a college student but when i went they were so nice! i definitely going to buy a bag from them if its a YSL one. everyone was so helpeful! im thinking about the black large muse right now...

i wanted to white originally, but then again there comes the dirty issue since i want to use it as an everyday bag

black muse owners - do you guys think it looks too plain in person, or classy in some way, cuz thats kinda what i feel about it but wanted to get your opinion. thanks!!

jacquelinez said:
same here ShannonC1! im still a college student but when i went they were so nice! i definitely going to buy a bag from them if its a YSL one. everyone was so helpeful! im thinking about the black large muse right now...

i wanted to white originally, but then again there comes the dirty issue since i want to use it as an everyday bag

black muse owners - do you guys think it looks too plain in person, or classy in some way, cuz thats kinda what i feel about it but wanted to get your opinion. thanks!!

I don't have black one.But I have the white and chocolate oversize muse. After hard debating, I returned the white one and keep the chocolate since white is soo easily get dirty(those threads on the bag) and I am so afraid the color transfer from jeans...etc. All in all,the cut of muse is simple while classic. I think you can either dress it up or go causual with jeans .

jacquelinez said:
Chloe_concord - i think the chocolate sounds fun too! would u say its a bit more interesting than the black?
Yes, for me, I will choose chocolate over black cause the chocolate is soo rich and shows the texture of the leather. But again, I wear black most of the time, so black bag doesn't look too good on me.;)

I think the black is classic and with the gold hardware it looks very pretty. But the brown is a 'beautiful' deep dark rich brown (nearly black). The leather on the bag compliments both colors so it is a tough choice. Both are very nice so I would guess it would depend on what you most like to wear.

jacquelinez said:

I don't think it looks plain. The gold hardware is enough to pack a little punch and the bag looks sophisticated yet a little on the fun side too. I had the opportunity to get any color (my YSL store had them all in) and I chose black. The brown is GORGEOUS but for some reason I shy away from brown bags. Maybe my pale complexion doesn't suit them. I say this on every Muse thread.... you can't go wrong in any color.

Has anyone chked out the Biscotto color in the Muse bag? It's like a deep tan. I bought it in large size but am now not so sure about the color as the chocolate brown seems more popular. Except that I already have my Gucci in a darkish brown....Oh the one with the strap is the new collection, Rive Gauche. I bought that in black.The leather is real nice n soft and it looks awesome overall. I'm in love with it!!!

I had seen the bag when it first came out and thought WOW, what a pretty purse and different from everything else. At the time however, I was looking for a good travel bag with a strap so, it wasn't until the end of the summer that I fell back in love with the Muse. I went to Nordstroms with the intention of buying the oversized but, it seemed to over power me and I LOVE large bags! I ended up with the large chocolate and have been thrilled with the bag. I can get it on my shoulder but, not when I'm wearing a coat. It's a great bag that's a classic style....I love it!

Hi, someone on tfs posted a pict of the muse shown on the runway. It seems to have a longer shoulder strap in addition to the double handles. Is this a new design?

I read that the smallest size muse comes with this shoulder strap because the handles are too short to wear on the shoulders. Anyone knows? I'm confused. Which size of the muse comes with the extra long shoulder straps?

It's not a Muse bag, but a Rive Gauche.

I posted this thread a while back and bought the large black muse. I have not been using it much though as I don't carry that much around with me. I am just wondering if the muse will get 'sloucher' and softer with use? Mine is still quite structured, as in, it retains its shape. Does the leather kind of soften after a while?

Thanks

just got the patent os muse it is gorgeous and surprisingly not heavy! and yes as everyone has said it is a great bag to wear often not cumbersome at all and smoochy soft!
it is my first ysl and i am hooked!!! will keep reading to learn more!

I posted this thread a while back and bought the large black muse. I have not been using it much though as I don't carry that much around with me. I am just wondering if the muse will get 'sloucher' and softer with use? Mine is still quite structured, as in, it retains its shape. Does the leather kind of soften after a while?

Thanks

Yes, I have a O/S chocolate brown and bought it over 2 years ago. I didn't use it for a while, but when I did, it definitely softened up and the bottom softened and caved down. I have a couple friends (who all own the white) and they had the same thing happen over time. The whole bag in general will "smoosh" down and slouch a bit... although I think this happens more so with the O/S vs the large size since there's more leather to hold up. HTH! ;)

I have to say the same thing for SA at South Coast Plaza. It was very pleasant because they were nice and didn't get pissy when I want to see more than one bag Very different from LV where you're in there for 15min and they don't eve say hi to you.

I recommend Yoko if anyone is going to YSL in South COast Plaza

i agree about the LV store in south coast plaza. i've always been an LV girl, but their latest bags are just not doing anything for me. i'm thinking of getting the muse or the tribute bag for my first ysl bag :confused1: