Harrods Haul and Order Experience

Dec 17, 2013
I had my eye on two bags and since the currency exchange is in my favor, I checked Harrods on 4th Nov (Fri) and viola, it happened that the store is holding a 10% off weekend promotion. The site did pre-empt customers about website issues due to the high influx of online traffic. Well, all I can say is I tried two hours to checkout on Saturday and another three hours on Sunday and I cannot complete my order as the site was experiencing timeout, payment gateway unresponsive issues. Flustered, I stopped trying and waited till Monday to place my order. By then, the 10% discount was over.

My order was fulfilled by Borderfree and shipped out on Tuesday. I was given a tracking number but to my dismay, the package was already signed for and with destination to Turkey, in Sept 2016? [emoji33]
I emailed both Borderfree and Harrods to inform them. The Borderfree contact number as per their website for my country was invalid. There was no live help customer service on Harrods's site.

On Wed, I checked my tracking and found two tracking updates, one to Turkey and one to my country (Asia). I am unsure whether this is the norm but DHL recycles tracking numbers? Truthfully, I had placed numerous international orders from various merchants and this was the first time I encountered this. Delivery was expected on 11th Nov (Fri) as opposed to ten to twelve working days for a fee of GBP$25 for international shipping. There was no option for expedited shipping.

The frenzied waiting began as I was not at all sure whether this package is mine in the first place. Anyway, it arrived on Friday in the early morning and hooray! It's mine! [emoji322]

This is my first time ordering from Harrods and I just wanted to share my experience. If you are not in UK like me and if there are really any issues with your order, you might need to make a trunk call to address it. Till now, both my emails to Harrods and Borderfree were not responded.

The packaging. It came in a nice big box. Plenty of airbags and bubble wrap. My bags had cardboards and airbags within to hold their shape. I like the black "Thank You" card with gold lettering. Very chic.
1478904714547.png1478904722087.jpg

Special thanks to KM7029, SmokieDragon and Cheidel for your inputs regarding this bag. This bag was on my wishlist for a long time but I was apprehensive whether it can pass as a cabin bag. With many weekend getaways planned for 2017, I know it will serve me well non expanded. I chose classic black instead of my favourite Bilberry as I wanted to be 100% worry free in the event it needs to be checked in. 1478905106705.jpg

I had two medium Neos prior but too heavy to use as a crossbody bag. I also found my Navy Neo wearing out at the corners after a few wears and I am never hard on my bags. I was also unable to remove water stains on my Navy Neo. Truthfully, I like the Neo line but was a little disappointed and rehomed both bags in the early part of this year. Fast forward to November and post Legoland, I really need a bigger crossbody bag and I thought of the Neo again. With credit to SmokieDragon's enabling pictures of her small black Neo, I decided to give it another try. Adore this smaller size. My Samorga organiser fits perfectly within, with room to spare all round. The strap is shorter but better for me as a crossbody and wearing it on one shoulder. I like how minimalist it looks when carried by the hand. 1478905908429.jpg

Thank you for sharing my joy in acquiring these items. I started a downsizing project this year and happy to report that my project is complete. I rehomed so many bags. A big Thank You to the kind ladies here whom made it possible. I honestly feel LC content (haha, for now, you never know with LC) as my current small collection fulfills both my daily and travel needs, and the key point for me is that they are all now in active rotation.

Last edited:
Reactions: cheidel
Congrats on all of your lovely new items! The black is a great choice too. The NEO looks awesome, I might need to think about one for the future.
Your inputs helped me a lot, thank you for making this purchase possible.

The Neo line is wonderful. I need to share that I used to have a lot of things (kiddy stuff) in my medium Neo, thus weighing down the bag. Also, I was walking around with it the whole day during kiddy outings. The medium size is perfect as a cabin carry on or during winter for stashing gloves/scarfs/hats.
The small size is great for my own daily use since my child is now older and has his own backpack. I also plan to bring it with me for vacations thus choosing black. No frets about stains. I do like this season's dark grey but I had learnt practicality is top priority for me. Hope to be bag twins with you in the near future. [emoji5]

Congratulations on your great purchases! Glad they got to you safely but I'm sorry you had a few days of worrying. We're twins on the black expandable Pliage weekender and the small black Neo. Never apologize for choosing black lol! Long ago I owned a rainbow of bags. But as I've gotten older and possibly wiser I've found I get the most use out of black bags (while reserving my favorite flattering colors for my clothing). I hope you enjoy your bag contentment. :tup:

We're twins. Never apologize for choosing black lol! as I've gotten older and possibly wiser I've found I get the most use out of black bags:

Thank you! I am really pleased that they arrived safely and so quickly but I admit I did not have high hopes when I can't seem to reach Borderfree nor Harrods unless I called. I am just like you, used to have a rainbow of bags but with age, I had come to realise black and darker colors work better for me and I use them more as I do not need to worry at all. Yay to being bag twins!

Let's see how long I stay content. Haha!

C
Special thanks to KM7029, SmokieDragon and Cheidel for your inputs regarding this bag. This bag was on my wishlist for a long time but I was apprehensive whether it can pass as a cabin bag. With many weekend getaways planned for 2017, I know it will serve me well non expanded. I chose classic black instead of my favourite Bilberry as I wanted to be 100% worry free in the event it needs to be checked in. View attachment 3518615
Congrats, it's lovely! So happy for you and glad it arrived finally!!!! Enjoy!

Reactions: frenziedhandbag