Handbag addicts - but does it need to be a brand name handbag?

For me, I just like the higher end bags, I think they are made exceptionally well and I feel good about my purchase knowing that my bag will last me forever (if I can keep a bag forever, still working on that).

But this obsession of mine extends past the handbag department and moves well into other areas of my life, for instance, I golf, so I have a burberry golf bag -- I mountain bike, so I have a Cannondale, I ski, so I have top of the line skis (still waiting for Chanel to come out with some ski's -- not that would be cool!).

I just love high end products!

In the U.S you can wear anything you want and walk in the streets freely without afraid of getting your bag stolen except for certain area. However, in another part of the world, eventhough it's a BIG city, you can't wear anything you want. Not that you can't but there's more of insecure feelings that you get if you wear anything expensive, you know what I meant?

I know most people in this forum are label addicts, including me lol. It's just a thought okay :biggrin:

It doesn't matter where you live, if someone wants your bag they will try to steal it.

I will carry whatever bag I want and feel secure no matter where I am at. And I have lived in other countries besides the US.

I'll be honest, it has to be a brand name for me because I like status symbols. It's the same reason why I bought a Mercedes.

I can finally afford to buy nice things and I'm going to make sure they are all brand names... Lame? Probably.
What can I say, I'm probably insecure and need lots of recognition from people in order to be happy. It is what it is...

And I'm fine with it.. Status symbols make me happy. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm superficial and shallow.

I admire your honesty. I used to be a handbag nut--but now it's in moderation. I've been familiar with LV brand but couldn't take the plunge until I found out about this forum. I enjoy carrying brand names esp. the high-end ones. But,I only buy what I could afford and admire the ones that I couldn't. I mean, If I cash out my 401k, I can easily buy those or a Porsche but I won't. We all have choices and brand names make me happy. But when I travel, I keep it low profile. I once carried $$$$--EUR when I went to Rome stuffed inside a $20 LeSportsac. Rome is infested with pickpocketers, so I'll just be paranoid carrying LV walking around town. Needless to say, I stuck my LV bag inside a large Longchamp pliage.

I'll be honest, it has to be a brand name for me because I like status symbols. It's the same reason why I bought a Mercedes.

I can finally afford to buy nice things and I'm going to make sure they are all brand names... Lame? Probably.
What can I say, I'm probably insecure and need lots of recognition from people in order to be happy. It is what it is...

And I'm fine with it.. Status symbols make me happy. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm superficial and shallow

Which 'other parts of the world' are you thinking of where you cant wear anything you want because you will feel insecure??

If criminals see an oportunity to mug/rob you, they will do it whether you are are suited and booted with a briefcase with a £50 note sticking out of your pocket, or a tramp who has just got lucky by finding a £20.

I think the question about why people 'care' so much whether a bag is high-end/low-end, $1000,$50 or whatever, is quite a personal one, and they shouldnt have to justify their spending habits to anyone here.

Take for example, someone opinion in this forum one day about how this person felt insecure when (s)he's wearing LV in China in comparison with wearing it in Singapore, for some reason and the other.

And I'm fine with it.. Status symbols make me happy. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm superficial and shallow.

Kudos to you for your honesty!:tup: I love your candor.

I'd buy any bag that appeals to me, although I admit I tend to drift towards designer ones because of the style and quality. ;)

:wtf:
In the U.S you can wear anything you want and walk in the streets freely without afraid of getting your bag stolen except for certain area. However, in another part of the world, eventhough it's a BIG city, you can't wear anything you want. Not that you can't but there's more of insecure feelings that you get if you wear anything expensive, you know what I meant?

I know most people in this forum are label addicts, including me lol. It's just a thought okay :biggrin:
:wtf: