Hair extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a pic with my extensions in. My hair was in a bob at the time and about my shoulders.

IMG_0321.jpg
They look great. Those are clip in's right? How long do they take you to do and how often do you wear them?

They look great. Those are clip in's right? How long do they take you to do and how often do you wear them?

Those are the Head Kandy Extensions 16 to 18 inch. They are super easy to put in. The more you do it the better you get. I would say they probably took me 5 min to get them in. I usually hand wash them about once a month. It depends on how much hair spray you use on them. After I let them air dry I curl them. The curl lasts until next shampoo. They come in sections and you get familiar quick with where the sections go. And then it becomes a breeze. Very easy to take care of and they are still holding up beautifully.

Headkandy comes with 10 Wefts of hair. You can look up at their site. They give placement etc. I like the hair from them because it has no less that 150 grams of hair. I bought Indian Remy Hair off the Bay a few times and the hair always looked nice but would not hold up more than a few washings. I did also look into Sally Beauty Supply Euronext hair. It seemed nice but none of the shades matched my hair. It was either brown or jet black. I also dabbled in some of the Jessica Simpson hair. I will say in my opinion the synthetic is not even worth the money. It looks great upon first use then tangles into a barbie doll head of mangled hair. The human hair is pretty decent. Also I really love the Jessica Simpson Ponytail. :smile:

I have extensions right now. I have the keratin fusion kind (half head) and I've had them for quite a while. I absolutely love them! My hair is very fine and it never looks quite how I want it to, the extensions give me the thickness I need, especially since I do some modeling. I find them to be pretty easy to look after. I can't use sulphate shampoos, I need to be careful when brushing/styling/heat styling but other than that it's pretty easy. I go for maintenance every 6 weeks, which is free. Then I get them replaced or removed and put back in about once every 4-6 months.

Some people say that they ruin your natural hair but in my case, it's been the total opposite. My natural hair was very damaged and incredibly fine before the extensions and now it's thicker, stronger, healthier and shiny. However, I have had a weave in the past and it destroyed my hair to the point where I had to cut it all off into a bob.

Thanks ladies! :smile:

I'm lucky, my hairdresser is my friend so I paid $520 for the hair, application, blending/hair cut and she hilited and touched up my roots. The hair and application alone should've been around $1000 if it was a regular customer. All of my maintenance appointments are free.

Status
Not open for further replies.