Hair dryer+straightener

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would advise against using a flat iron that's that cheap. You should really splurge for a good one, since it's your hair and you'll probably use it on a daily basis.

I suggest the T3 Tourmaline Wet or Dry Flat Iron from Sephora. It's a bit of a splurge $200, but I've only heard great things about the entire Tourmaline line.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P148412&categoryId=C11244

I second that! I have really curly hair and when i used to straighten it I bought a T3 straightener, they are great and really make your hair dead straight. You need to use a good protectant though!

i used one of those several years ago, don't remember the brand - but i do remember hating it because my hair felt damaged only after one use...and also, it took a very long time to straighten my hair...

^ Straightening hair takes LOTS of practice.

I have very thick hair, and I just use hair clips (the kind they use at salons when they cut your hair), to separate my hair into sections.

Believe it or not, it's better to use flat irons at a higher temperature than a lower one. When the flat iron is really hot, you should only have to go over your hair once with it to get it straight. If the flat iron is only slightly hot, you'll probably have to go over your hair multiple times which consequently causes more damage.

Only if they made a straightening iron that combined what the t3 iron could do and the GHD.... I had such a hard time picking out of hte two but I went with the GHD.....

so now I just wash my hair at night and wake upa nd just straighten it in the morning right before work. I love the GHD though because it straightens and curls it!

but the t3 does soudn nice!

since were on the subject does anybody know how to get rid of those kinks that you get in the crown area? this always happens to me...nice,straight ends and wavy roots! ahhh!!

My hairstylist does this wavy back & forth motion by the roots so that they straighten but the iron doesn't bump the scalp and burn it. I hope that makes sense.

i've been using the original chi flat iron by farouk for over 5 years now. i love it. plus you can purchase off ebay for a good price. used it when i had a boy cut and even w/ longer hair.

i've been using the original chi flat iron by farouk for over 5 years now. i love it. plus you can purchase off ebay for a good price. used it when i had a boy cut and even w/ longer hair.

That is the point. I would like to have a haircut like Mia Farrow's in 'Rosemary's Baby' (pixie haircut), but my wavy-to-curly hair needs to be straightened, otherwise the result is just a mess.

^Just make sure to get a narrow flat iron (1" width or less), so you have less chance of burning your scalp. Particularly because that cut is so short so you don't want to burn your fingers or your head.

Well, here's my advice. I don't believe using a flat iron is really the best thing to do on a regular day basis. The truth is that using things like irons and hair dryers can seriously damage your hair and roots if you use it too frequently. I think using a flat iron should be your last alternative. I have naturally straight hair and I keep it shiny and healthy looking with bed head products. Depending what kind of hair you have you can decide if a flat iron is really an absolute neccessity. If your hair is just a little messy, you can try applying bed head's leave in conditioning sprays or using Herbal Essecnces Coconut Milk Hydrating Shampoo and conditioner. I also used Garnier for a while but I found that Herbal Essences keeps my hair shinier, more hydrated, and healthier looking. It also leaves a little bit more manageable and free of tangles. But your hair's frizz can't be kept under control by using conditoners, you can use a flat iron. I don't recommend you get one on the cheap, though. I you're gonna buy something, might as well buy something that works. Sometimes getting something cheap, could end up costing you a lot more----------like your HAIR!:tup:

I have the T3 but I was looking at the GHD. I was wondering if you can adjust the temperature on the GHD?
I like to use a lower temp setting at times. Anybody that has the GHD , can you help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.