Guess who got the yucky marron bag?

betises_lau

Apr 4, 2006
...me. I must be crazy. :shocked:

I got the conclusion 06 marron and 06 truffle are not the color I want: 06 marron is too black for me and I have seen weird truffles. So I pressed the bid now button on a 2004 marron City with filthy handles. No one overbid me. I won. :shocked:

Here's what I'll do. I've been riding horses and I know how to clean a saddle. This bag is going to have to prove she's worth her price. She will get the shock treatment: saddle soap and a brush. She'll have to be a man, you see. Let's see if she has guts.

Wish me good luck ladies, for I really intend to clean the sh* out of it. :shocked: Hope I won't regret spending those 800 $... :shocked: I am crazy. I am nuts. I am worried about what I just did. :oh:

Wow congrats! I don't think you are crazy, the bag is beautiful (appart from the handles of course but that's a minor problem) Good luck with the cleaning and let us know how it goes!

I think I do need luck, so let's cross fingers.

I need to go buy saddle soap. Oh, well , my boyfriend already thinks I have lost my mind anyway... :rolleyes:

There will definitely be pictures!!!! Stay tuned!!!

You know what- you will fix the handles!!! If you can't do it yourself then take her to a good repair place! There have been recommendations on the PF in the past!

Congrats! It is a beautiful bag and the leather is awesome!

Thanks Zacorey!!! :upsidedown: I am determined to get this solved!!! :graucho:

I like the subtitle to your avatar, btw. My mom used to work in a department of my city's university for autistic children, so i've always had a soft spot for this issue.

that's the bag i wanted to bid on!!!!! (with the dark handles). I sorta started another thread titled "is there a cure for dark handles"...there's some GREAT suggestions on that thread. Give it a try and keep us posted. CONGRATULATIONS on your win!