Guerlain Meteorites Pearls YAY or NAY?

Yay! I have the limited edition 'Gold Temptation' and just ordered 'Winter Radiance' :tup: I found GT to be very shimmery compared to the other colours, so I use it for a night out. I think it's too shimmery for everyday use. I'm not a big fan of the smell though, but the box is just SO pretty:girlsigh:

I loooove the idea of them, I love looking at them, but I just can't get myself to like the scent! To me they smell like crushed up little kids chewable vitamins! But I know I am in the minority on this one.

The scent of them is strong? Is it mainly when you first apply it or can you smell it throughout the day?

Two other questions: Has anyone tried the new travel one they came out with recently (I think it's new)? Has anyone used both the original and the pressed ones? Would you guys recommend one over the other?

Last edited:
The scent of them is strong? Is it mainly when you first apply it or can you smell it throughout the day?

Two other questions: Has anyone tried the new travel one they came out with recently (I think it's new)? Has anyone used both the original and the pressed ones? Would you guys recommend one over the other?

hopefully itsnicole will be by and see this. she owns the meteorites in all the forms and so can compare them for you! :P from what i can remember, she told me that the pressed meteorites give you much better payoff than the pearl form.

as for the travel meteorites, here are some photos nicole took--they're so beautiful!

Nicoletravel.jpg

Nicoletravelopen.jpg

YAY! I have the Météorites Pearls in Mythic 01. Love it...have been using it for years and yes, it lasts really long. It illuminates the skin...:heart:

Last edited:

As Jen mentioned, I have all three forms, and I prefer the pressed over the original only b/c it seems that my brush picks up so much more from the pressed than it does the original. The original is just so pretty though with the little pearl balls, so I couldn't pass it up. The travel one is great too, even though I haven't really take it anywhere. It can get a little messy since you have to press down on the little puff thing for it to dispense, and sometimes too much comes out. If I could only own one out of the three it would be the pressed just b/c you don't need to use as much versus the original and it's not messy like the travel.

^
Thank you so much for all that info! If I get to Saks this weekend, I'll have to try and check them out. I think I may get more use out of the pressed powder, but part of me thinks I should start with the original just because of how pretty it is (and that's what I've always wanted to try all these years :girlsigh:).

Yay! I have the limited edition 'Gold Temptation' and just ordered 'Winter Radiance' :tup: I found GT to be very shimmery compared to the other colours, so I use it for a night out. I think it's too shimmery for everyday use. I'm not a big fan of the smell though, but the box is just SO pretty:girlsigh:

I have the LE gold temptation from last winter ....but where did you find the winter radiance?

^^ they really do last forever. i've used and used mine, but i literally haven't made a dent. they look pretty much exactly the same as when i first got them :P

wow, how long can they be kept?
I bought mine in Jan this year. Can I still use them? I love how pretty they look but I always end up making a mess!:smile: