Gucci Serial Number Sequence?

May 27, 2006
I don't know that much about Gucci (except I do like them =); I have 2 and suspect they may both be fakes. One I got on Ebay before fakes were so prevalent and the other I got from a friend, who got it on Ebay. Anyway, the serial number tag on the one I bought (Amanda) has 3 digits, 4 digits and then 6 digits underneath the 3 and 4. The black pochette (the one from the friend) is 3 digits, then 4 digits, and then 4 underneath. So anyway, I was just wondering if Gucci has a sequence and or if anyone has an opinion. I'm getting a new digital in the next couple of weeks and hope to post pics. Thanks in advance!!

can you take pics ????

if not are the bags vintage or new ones?? classics??

USUALLY....guccis bags have 2 rows of 6 digits. the fist 6 is the model of the bag the bottom 6 is the serial number~

They are not vintage, as in "doctors bag" vintage-the one I bought the seller called the "Amanda" bag and the one I got from a friend is a pochette. I would be stunned if it were the real thing. I got them both in 2003. I tried to post pics, but it said they were too big? Not sure what to do about that, but anyway, the bags are only a couple of years old.

i've only seen bags with digits align like this

XXXXXX
XXXXXX

But I dont know I'm not an expert on gucci......but aaalabama is....Haven't seen her on here for a while but I'm sure she'll come around...she's alot of help when it comes to gucci!!!

Well it sounds like I have 2 fakes. :sad: My serial numbers look like this: xxx xxxx xxx xxxx
xxxx and xxxxxx
on the other. I can't say I'm totally surprised, but I needed to sell one and now I'm stuck with both!:yucky: Like I said, I don't know too much about Gucci (at the time, LV was my baby) but I definitely should have known better than get one off Ebay!