Gucci Marmont Line in 2023

Jan 23, 2013
I’m new to Gucci. Only designer bags I have are YSL. I love the look of the small camera bag in nude/taupe but I hear that this line was released in 2016 and is now considered out of style. I’d love to hear from true Gucci lovers about your opinion on this. I know that we should just get what we like but I also don’t want to buy a bag that’s already on the way out. I’m confused how it’s out of style though bc there are so many quilted bags out there including YSL which is definitely on trend. Thanks so much!

I don't think camera bags ever go out of style because they are functional. But yes, I agree, I think the Marmont line is out of style.

I also have a small YSL camera bag. It's the YSL Mini Lou. It's only gone up in price.

If you're unsure of an item, always check resale sites to see their secondary market prices. If the prices are so low, meanwhile retail prices are way high. It just means that it's losing popularity but the fashion houses haven't discontinued the line.

An example: a regular Chanel WOC retails for $2950 before tax. Check out their prices in second hand markets. Way over $2950.....

Reactions: J9Fell4Tiffanys
I don't think camera bags will ever go out of style. They've been around for a while. I was at the mall today and saw both the Gucci and YSL camera bags. I actually bought the YSL Lou Camera bag last week as it now comes with a back pocket.
Yes, I have a black Lou camera bag with black hardware being delivered this week and can’t wait! Enjoy yours!

I don't think camera bags ever go out of style because they are functional. But yes, I agree, I think the Marmont line is out of style.

I also have a small YSL camera bag. It's the YSL Mini Lou. It's only gone up in price.

If you're unsure of an item, always check resale sites to see their secondary market prices. If the prices are so low, meanwhile retail prices are way high. It just means that it's losing popularity but the fashion houses haven't discontinued the line.

An example: a regular Chanel WOC retails for $2950 before tax. Check out their prices in second hand markets. Way over $2950.....
Ah yes this thought crossed my mind! Thank you!

I’m new to Gucci. Only designer bags I have are YSL. I love the look of the small camera bag in nude/taupe but I hear that this line was released in 2016 and is now considered out of style. I’d love to hear from true Gucci lovers about your opinion on this. I know that we should just get what we like but I also don’t want to buy a bag that’s already on the way out. I’m confused how it’s out of style though bc there are so many quilted bags out there including YSL which is definitely on trend. Thanks so much!
I think true Gucci lovers don’t care whether something is out of style or considered in. I have a marmont small camera and a YSL Lou camera and I have to admit (can’t believe I’m saying this) I think I prefer the YSL. It fits more and the strap drop is better for me. Although Gucci strap is adjustable it’s still a little long for me. It’s still a beautiful bag though

I don't think the Marmont line is out of style/date but it has been around for a while now. I don't see it fading away anytime soon since it is popular and sells well. I do think it is quite common. You shouldn't care if something is out of style or date. If you like it, buy it and wear it. I go for things that are functional, practical and stylish so if it fits you and your lifestyle go for it!

I see so many Marmont camera bags in the wild. Mostly black. I have both Gucci and YSL camera bags. Camera bags are here to stay imo, no matter the brand.

Yes, I have a black Lou camera bag with black hardware being delivered this week and can’t wait! Enjoy yours!
I have this one. I use it quite a lot. It's been my go to small bag for a couple of years. I was iffy on the leather strap for a minute because it made it look plain. However, when it comes to comfort it can't be beat.

I’m considering the marmont flap in lilac. I LOVE the color, and I find the style to be very functional, but it doesn’t make me want to jump up and down and sing haha

My take on this is that it was extremely popular, a huge trend, and now it’s less popular on Instagram and YouTube because people are “sick” of seeing it. But that’s not real life. In real life, the Gucci bag I’m most likely to see is the SoHo Disco, which is so “out of style” that they don’t even display it in the store anymore. In reality, Marmont is still relevant, folks are still buying and wearing it. It’s only on the internet where influencers think it’s past its prime. Personally, I only discovered Marmont like 6 months ago, I think it’s art, classic.
If you look at unboxing videos on TikTok for Gucci, 90% of them are a Marmont camera bag to this day.

My take on this is that it was extremely popular, a huge trend, and now it’s less popular on Instagram and YouTube because people are “sick” of seeing it. But that’s not real life. In real life, the Gucci bag I’m most likely to see is the SoHo Disco, which is so “out of style” that they don’t even display it in the store anymore. In reality, Marmont is still relevant, folks are still buying and wearing it. It’s only on the internet where influencers think it’s past its prime. Personally, I only discovered Marmont like 6 months ago, I think it’s art, classic.
If you look at unboxing videos on TikTok for Gucci, 90% of them are a Marmont camera bag to this day.
One more thing. Luxury is not fast fashion. These bags will be relevant for a long time. Not every bag has staying power, but a classic like a camera bag or a flap bag? Idk, I have bags from 2008 that are still relevant.

I’m a fan of the Marmont line. Have 2 & think they look great. Camera bags are timeless, but more importantly I believe the confidence in which you carry something ultimately determines style. If you like it, get it & enjoy it. If you’re concerned about trends, remember fashion is cyclical & a version of it will be trendy again via whatever the happening social media outlet of the time is.