Great tips from P'fers

1. I always use Apple Garde Stain & Rain Repellent on all my bags (be it new or used) and reapply every so often (well when I remember anyways :biggrin:)
2. I use ME (Magic Eraser) on handles that you intend on replacing to give them just a few more months of life. Keep in mind though, I do not recommend for anyone to use ME on new vachetta and should only be used on vachetta you intend to replace as ME literally strips off the top layer of whatever you scrub it on.

3. Keep a plain groceries plastic bag in your bag for when it starts to pour and you do not want to get your preccious wet.

4. Please don't put pens in your bags! I do not know how people get ink stains in their bags! :lol: Keep them out! Or get yourself a pen that doesn't leak the ink. My Mont Blanc has never done that...ever!

5. Use Brasso to clean your brass locks

Smith said:
I carry a trash bag in my car. In case I get stuck in an unexpected rain storm, I can cover my bag when I leave the car.:wlae:

gosh, that´s the one I was about to write haha! great tip! but I think its better to carry a plastic bag inside your Vuitton... if it rains and you ar far from ur car, the bag will get ruined! I´ve did it and it´s great, more even in rainy seasons.

here's another tip...for my LV bags with buckles, such as the Popincourt haut and Croissant, I always undo the buckle when I store the bag...so that I don't create bends or metal markings on the vachetta. Also, I always rotate and switch the holes that I use so that they patina evenly...does this make any sense? It has really kept the vachetta on my pieces nice, smooth and very even in color !!