Goyard Cap Vert

I didn't see a cap-vert thread in the reference library. I’m curious how low/high cap-vert owners wear their bags crossbody. Anyone have modeling pics to share?

I think the bag would look nice at hip level and trendy at waist level (but it’d probably be hard to get things in and out of the bag when worn that short).

Hi, I have a iphone 14 with a case and it also fits perfectly in the front pocket. It doesn't stretch the pocket.
Is the front pocket snug? My friend recently got a cap vert and the front pocket kind of “puffs out” and is more like loose open pocket, it isn’t snug/tight. Is that how it’s supposed to be? She puts her phone in there but it would easily fall out if she tilted the bag.

It was purchased brand new so it wasn’t stretched out from use. Perhaps it’s because she doesn’t carry many things inside the bag itself and the canvas is smooshy so the front pocket is more “loose”?

Last edited:
Reactions: brandizk
I wouldn’t say the pocket is snug. I think it does depends on the size of your phone and how much you have in the bag. The more items you have inside the more balanced the pocket. The bag is very light weight so the bag will tilt forward if you have nothing in the bag. Here’s a photo with the phone in the pocket.

IMG_0251.jpeg

Reactions: ChanellenahC
I wouldn’t say the pocket is snug. I think it does depends on the size of your phone and how much you have in the bag. The more items you have inside the more balanced the pocket. The bag is very light weight so the bag will tilt forward if you have nothing in the bag. Here’s a photo with the phone in the pocket.

View attachment 5841993
Love the color of your bag! Yes I think she doesn’t fill up the bag so the front pocket is more “loose”. Do you use a bag organizer/insert inside of yours for more structure?

Love the color of your bag! Yes I think she doesn’t fill up the bag so the front pocket is more “loose”. Do you use a bag organizer/insert inside of yours for more structure?
Thanks! No, I don’t use an organizer. I fill it quite a bit with a card case, tiny hand sanitizer, lip gloss, hand cream, phone and sunglasses. If I’m shopping I’ll also squeeze in a foldable bag. It’s a very easy bag to use. I wear it crossbody to sporting events. If you are considering getting one, I highly recommend it!

Thanks! No, I don’t use an organizer. I fill it quite a bit with a card case, tiny hand sanitizer, lip gloss, hand cream, phone and sunglasses. If I’m shopping I’ll also squeeze in a foldable bag. It’s a very easy bag to use. I wear it crossbody to sporting events. If you are considering getting one, I highly recommend it!
Such a nice hands free bag and sounds like you can fit a lot in it! I am definitely considering getting one but can’t decide on color. Torn between black/black and black/tan.

Is the front pocket snug? My friend recently got a cap vert and the front pocket kind of “puffs out” and is more like loose open pocket, it isn’t snug/tight. Is that how it’s supposed to be? She puts her phone in there but it would easily fall out if she tilted the bag.

It was purchased brand new so it wasn’t stretched out from use. Perhaps it’s because she doesn’t carry many things inside the bag itself and the canvas is smooshy so the front pocket is more “loose”?
Same here, I actually purchased mine a few months ago brand new and the exterior pocket is a bit “loose” but it definitely is because it’s not packed and I do use a samorga organizer and it does help a bit. I just choose not to use the exterior pocket lol

Has anyone had hole(s) punched in their Cap Vert straps?

I'm contemplating adding one hold towards the other end of the strap to give it a shoulder/underarm length but I'm scared lol
I shorten the strap of my Belvedere. I initially wanted to just add a few holes (I am petite so I needed like 5 lol), but the company suggested to shorten it as it'd look a lot better. I agree it does. If you just need one hole then why not, it's all about using it to your needs and enjoy using it.

• Thanks
Reactions: wonderboii
I shorten the strap of my Belvedere. I initially wanted to just add a few holes (I am petite so I needed like 5 lol), but the company suggested to shorten it as it'd look a lot better. I agree it does. If you just need one hole then why not, it's all about using it to your needs and enjoy using it.
I definitely agree with you! I want to be able to enjoy my things as id like. One hole will give me another way of using the bag!

Did goyard shorten it for you? Do you have photos of how short you made your Belvedere? Love the Belvedere as well btw!