Got my invite to the preview of the remodeled Chanel Boutique in Beverly Hills...

Do you have to have the invite to go? I'll be in BH for work that day....and would love to be able to stop by. I don't usually buy from there b/c i have things shipped from other Chanel botiques so I get everything tax free. ....Rats....haha I knew my tax savings would bite me in the butt someday.

Do you have to have the invite to go? I'll be in BH for work that day....and would love to be able to stop by. I don't usually buy from there b/c i have things shipped from other Chanel botiques so I get everything tax free. ....Rats....haha I knew my tax savings would bite me in the butt someday.

I didn't realize that could be done? I thought if you ordered from another state that you would be charged tax if you have the same store in your state? Chanel sends things tax free???? :idea:

I didn't realize that could be done? I thought if you ordered from another state that you would be charged tax if you have the same store in your state? Chanel sends things tax free???? :idea:

You are correct they won't send tax free, but I am orgiinally from ND, and have friends in MN and AZ which equals no Chanel, so they just reship to me, or I pick up packages when I visit. I do the same with elux.

Ok, ladies ....I went to the re-opening of Chanel Beverly Hills today around 1 pm. No unfortunately I did not take pictures....didn't seem like the right thing to do. It was by invite only and RSVP was required, they checked everyone's name against the list to be allowed in. The general public was being turned away...until tomorrow I guess. Anyway once I was checked against the list and let in it was fantasy land.....as you come in to the left is a room that contents to another small room where all the fine jewelry is located....watch lovers they had beautiful watches, diamonds for days in there! On the right facing the door was a wall of Chanel sunglasses. Also in this area was handbags and other leather luxury items. Straight in from the main entrance on the left was a long counter with various belts and accessories of all types. Above and behind the counter is a long wall with handbags galore. Further back is a shoe area and the makeup counter. Upstairs is the ready to wear and more bags and accessories.

They served Champagne and hors d'oeuvres and had a DJ mixing music...very hip and upbeat. Two long legged models were wearing some pinky coral shorts and matching short jackets ....not really sure what there purpose was - they were not modeling any handbags that I noticed,

The Manager said that they were bringing out some of the old stock from the temp store but most of the items were from New York / the new stuff. The had a number of white flaps with gold or white hardware, I noticed. Tons of all the new bags and shoes. They also have a cool computer system were you can sit and lounge in sofa / ottoman like seats and look at all the items offered by Chanel, zoom in and look at details, colors, etc. Very nice to play with.

They gave small gift bags...which contained a black satin eye mask for sleeping with the cc in white in the corner of the mask and some beauty products.

A famed makeup artist was there but I never went over and checked it out. As far as the exclusive items the invite mentioned...I am not sure what they were...it was crowded and there was a lot of Chanel items I had not seen before but I don't know if that meant they were the exclusive items or just Chanel items that I have not seen of the current collection.

What trouble did I get into???? Not much, I did feel obligated to buy something to "repay" my SA for me being on "the list" so I purchased a beautiful Chanel pearl and cc necklace. It was $1150.

Speaking of Pearls - Yes, there is a smaller size of the Paris /Monte Carlo Pearl Reissue bag...it is much like the e/w bag size and they had two on display on the right hand side of the store along the staircase...for anyone interested. Me and Kathy D have the 226 size and there is a larger size in addition to this smaller e/w size.

I stayed about 30 minutes too crowded to really shop plus I need to buy another bag like I need to be hit by a truck. Anyway, if you ladies get a chance to stop by it is a nice store....:smile:

Deng! I should go. I got invitation by email but I was afraid I damage my pocket more so I decided not to come. It's too late now. Purrrfect , Thanks for report.

The invite by email is for the general opening on the 15th, tomorrow. Not for today's private showing. Because I also got that email invite, as I am signed up on Chanel's website as well. But since my SA sent me the special invite for today - I decided to go check it out today. So, you can go tomorrow and check it out. Watch out wallet!:yes:

Go have fun ladies!

I have attached the email version of the invite for the 15th.

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 139
The invite by email is for the general opening on the 15th, tomorrow. Not for today's private showing. Because I also got that email invite, as I am signed up on Chanel's website as well. But since my SA sent me the special invite for today - I decided to go check it out today. So, you can go tomorrow and check it out. Watch out wallet!:yes:

Go have fun ladies!

I have attached the email version of the invite for the 15th.

I see. Then I feel less regret... he he ....

Thanks for letting us know how the preview went! I can't wait to go to the boutique this week. I hope it's not too crowded. I'm probably going to go into Chanel overload and faint. :smile:

-Stephanie (pond23)