good online source for trendy, inexpensive jewelry?

passerby said:
Amanda, if the jewellery on the following site is as good as it looks, then even I would buy it ( I don't wear jewellery as a rule) :smile:

passerby -

I'm another one who happened to be checking her logs (although be it a little late as jewelry is a second business for me...)

Thank you so much for the mention, passerby. I take the "I would buy it" as the sincerest compliment from someone who doesn't generally wear jewelry ('cause that used to be me as well! lol)

And I can guarantee that the jewelry is much better than it looks on screen, although I work very hard to make the quality of my photography be as good as the quality of my jewelry…there’s always room for improvement. J However, all my jewelry is satisfaction guaranteed, so there should be no fear in buying. I want my customers to be more than satisfied with their purchases…even a year down the road.

Anyhow, thank you so much for the mention. I am sincerely flattered. :smile:

amanda said:
oooh, interesting, cumming is about an hour from my parents' house, i wonder if she stocks in any local places. thanks for all the help, guys! apparently i just wasn't looking hard enough, lol.

Amanda -

I do have some jewelry in a local shop ("Mixed Blessings" in Canton), but I haven't hit the pavement to get my jewelry placed elsewhere. I do ship locally and internationally...I also do home shows, so if you or your mom are interested, Amanda, please contact me and we can chat about setting something up. (I give great gifts and generous credit to my hostesses...check out my home show hosting information. Just look for it towards the bottom of this blog entry.)

Yazmin
*who is off to get acquainted with this forum...*

Hi Yazmin, nice to see you. here. Your jewelry looks great.

Sorry to go on like a broken record, but I think the number of talented, creative jewelry indie designers is astonishing. Also, what I like is that they support one another (eg linking of websites in many cases). Hope you'll stick around here :biggrin:

passerby said:
Hi Yazmin, nice to see you. here. Your jewelry looks great.
Thanks!

passerby said:
Sorry to go on like a broken record, but I think the number of talented, creative jewelry indie designers is astonishing. Also, what I like is that they support one another (eg linking of websites in many cases). Hope you'll stick around here :biggrin:
I do agree! I spend a lot of time surfing websites and other jewelry designers and find myself wanting to buy tons and tons of pieces! My latest obsession seems to be purses. :smile:

When I start collecting, my husband starts calling me the next [SIZE=-1]Imelda Marcos for whatever my latest obsession is... lol

I've also been thinking about linking other sites, but I don't want to just willy-nilly link. If I have someone on my site, I want to make sure that it is someone I would buy from as well. Having a link on your site as an indie designer kinda seems like you are supporting the other site instead of just plain advertising. I feel like it's my name, as well as the other business' name, on the line.

Yazmin
http://www.aprettyrock.com
http://aprettyrock.etsy.com
[/SIZE]

amanda said:
what can i say, girls, i love trendy jewelry. i've got a bag addiction to care for, though, so i can't buy the good stuff. i really like the stuff that places like shopbop have, but i can't pay $300 for stuff i'm gonna wear a handful of times. so do any of you know a good website that carries trendy (but not TOO trendy) jewelry for under $50 per piece? i feel like i've exhausted all my local sources; it's all too expensive or too tacky. i know one of you must have a secret source!
I'm sorta letting the cat out of the bag so to speak but my husband has given me all his excess to sell of on eBay. This is diamond jewelery that has been on memo with a retailer that we deal with and has been changed out for new stuff. So it will have a loooow reserve on it and some pieces will have none at all. Watch my signature for when it changes to add on my eBay listing address. You will be able to get some big stuff for a little price. And mods I'm not trying to sell anything. It will be all on eBay

Japster, your stuff is beautiful! My website isn't quite ready yet, but the home page and a few pics are up. I make twisted wire gemstone jewelry in both silver and gold. You can always PM me if you see something you like or if you want me to send you more pics, and keep checking back on the website. I'll post a general thread when it is fully up and running.

And of course, tPF members will get a discount!
www.woodriverjewelry.com

I'm new to the Forum & was looking at the posts for jewelry...I hope it's ok to post this....I'm an Independent Consultant w/lia sophia; for anyone not familar w/lia sophia the company offers a lifetime replacement guarantee the jewelry is made of
Rhodium which is in the platinum family it's the rarest and most expensive of the precious metals. It's density is less than platinum (I've had people comment on how nice and light our jewelry is, so the density may or may not account for part of that...hard to know since it's plated over another metal). It has a very high reflectance (our jewelry has that beautiful shine) semi precious stones are also used in our jewelry along cut crystals (not cubic zirconia).
lia sophia is a homebased party type business....we have one of the most generous Hostess incentive plans...my Hostesses' usually earn anywhere from $400-$600 in FREE jewelry & that's just from having a party! There are also always great specials going on like this month (August is buy 2 items; choose 2 half off items) we are also unique because you will only have to pay full price for the cheaper item to receive half off the most expensive item. Please feel free to visit my website for a sneak peek.
www.liasophia.com/michellequick.
Again, I hope it was ok to post this....:shrugs:

Attachments

• Fall06_38.jpg
    Fall06_38.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Fall06_42.jpg
    Fall06_42.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Sp07_8a.jpg
    Sp07_8a.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Sp07_44a.jpg
    Sp07_44a.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 55
  • Sp07_57a.jpg
    Sp07_57a.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 51
Shelly...First of all Welcome! Second...I think that because the thread is about inexpensive fashion jewelry your post is just fine. Starting a promotional thread specifically to sell is against TOS. But in this context I think you're okay. :smile: Good luck with your venture!

Sorry if any other bottom-feeders have preceded me and I missed seeing these mentioned, but gojane.com and forever21.com are both notorious for selling trendy faux bling at affordable prices.

Before the Total and Eternal Shopping Ban, I got whole boxes of very respectable faux bling at forever21, including but not limited to, things like basic hoop earrings that can be worn as is or embellished, relished, bedazzled and embezzled, as well as a very nice string of graduated wooden beads in a lovely dark blue barely teal-kissed...