Good Exfoliators

[vogue];1975664 said:
Just bought this: Origins Modern Friction. After using it ONCE today, I've seen my pimple scars lighten by a tiny bit, and can see my skin glow like never before... It's fantastic and I really recommend it.

I second this. It also helps me keep my mild acne under control. However, it comes with a proviso, the SA who sold it to me (sometime in early 2005) said that my skin will breakout because the product is helping my skin eliminate the debris in my pores. Sure enough I did break out. However, after my skin cleared its now in great condition, with only the ocassional spot.

I find that most exfoliators that exfoliate well do dry out my skin. Best I have found is Payot Gommage Douceur (think that's what it is). Get it from strawberrynet.

I second this. It also helps me keep my mild acne under control. However, it comes with a proviso, the SA who sold it to me (sometime in early 2005) said that my skin will breakout because the product is helping my skin eliminate the debris in my pores. Sure enough I did break out. However, after my skin cleared its now in great condition, with only the ocassional spot.

Correction I meant early 2006 not 2005.

hmm.. everyone at the spa says that you should not exfoliate during winter, i never thought of myself as a sensitive skin person but i did it once and i was dry for a really long time but i love the olay regenerist....it feels great afterwards when you put your moisturizer on, you can really feel the difference

OLAY REGENERIST MICRODERMABRASION & PEEL SYSTEM

Cetaphil gentle cleanser (from drug store) + BAKING SODA (Yes, the one you can get from any supermarket:smile:)

Yup!! Arm & Hammer sells baking soda in plastic bottles with shaker lids just for this purpose. I got so addicted to it that I was also doing it daily, but my oily skin wasn't happy, and so I had to scale back to 1-2 times a week.

For my body, I got a sample of a L'Occitane Olive Exfoliating Shower Cream from Sephora and it is THE BOMB! Gently exfoliated my legs and left them super soft and moisturized! No more dry, itchy winter legs! And it doesn't leave an oily film on the floor of the shower.

Face - Never a Dull Moment by Origins when you feel like Modern Friction is too harsh.

Body - Modern Friction by Origins...makes the skin nice and silky!

I've tried a bunch of stuff...ended up going back to Origins in the end.

Hmm...I've using home-made exfoliator, super cheap and easy to make!! I had terrible terrible blemish problem:Push:, and after i started to use this exfoliator 7 mths ago, i haven't had any serious break-out since.
:nuts:ONCE a day, works absolutely perfect!!!!

Cetaphil gentle cleanser (from drug store) + BAKING SODA (Yes, the one you can get from any supermarket:smile:)

I also do homemade exfoliator. I just wash my face with my regular cleanser, then mix a paste of olive oil and salt in my palm. I massage this in for several seconds, then rinse off. My skin is incredibly moisturized and super soft for a couple days. A nice bonus is that my hands are baby soft from rubbing in the salt.