Going to Paris in July - best places to buy handbags?

I was just in Paris in the spring and I had every intention of getting another Goyard bag but when I got to Paris I fell in love with the Zadig & Voltaire bags. I got one of those , a Vanessa Bruno , a longchamp, and a few other bags.. Printemps rocks for bag selection def check them out and have a great trip!

Unfortunately June is the time of the sales in Paris. And the dollar isn't very strong right now to the Euro so there really aren't any deals over there. I was just there and the lack of deals were depressing..........

I can totally relate spending while on holidays is so easy...but since I usually go with hubby he watches over me, which is good and bad.:sweatdrop::sad:
Now if I am by myself or with my mom it's a totally diffrent ballgame!;)

Now after having said this general summersales start on the 27th of july in France so that might be worth the trip:P

Really ? thanks, I am SO there !!! I usually hate sales, but I'm so gonna be there-in Printemps- and fighting at 8.30 if they open that early.

Everyone gave excellent advice. I d say
Printemps/Galeries Lafayette/Le Bon Marché : for the selection in 1 place of various designers all price ranges.
For major Designers boutiques, go to Avenue Montaigne (Chanel, YSL, Christian Dior), Faubourg St Honoré (Chanel again, Hermès, TODs) and go see LV champs elysées, amazing store....in those areas you have many oh so chic shops (+ snotty parisians to top it all:Push:smile:
other French brands : Vanessa Bruno, Sequoia, Gerard darel, Longchamp, Lancel,Sonya Rykiel

I am going to France this summer in August, does anyone know if Chanel will be on sale? Does the department stores sell Chanel or just the Chanel Boutiques? Are there any great Vintage stores in Paris that sell authentic Chanel? Thanks so much in advance for answering my questions.

I am going to France this summer in August, does anyone know if Chanel will be on sale? Does the department stores sell Chanel or just the Chanel Boutiques? Are there any great Vintage stores in Paris that sell authentic Chanel? Thanks so much in advance for answering my questions.

L' Occaserie, many shops in rue de l' annonciation, rue de la Pompe, and other small shops when walking around that area. It's in the 16e arrondissement, a very posh area of Paris so a lot of rich women go to sell their used handbags and accessories.

Thanks again for all the great suggestions. Our tour group is going to be visiting Printemps and Le Bon Marché, so I'm glad to hear they are great handbag destinations. I'm also hoping to find some of the out-of-the way places mentioned here for a chance at finding something amazing.

I am going to be sooooo poor... but happy. Very happy. :smile: Thanks again, everyone!