Furla & Libaire

Hello,

I currently reside in Hungary, Europe, Furlas are some of the most coveted bags here. I have one the Megumi grey and think the quality is really good. I do have to say that for the price I prefer my Burberrys though. Furlas can be a tad bit on the boring side in some cases and some of their more exciting bags are more expensive too of course. It depends on what you want and your style, they are classic bags. They are not made in Italy though these days, well, some may still be but many are (and so is mine) made in Romania now. I find that it is a very likeable brand but not really one I can feel passion for if that makes sense. Customer service is wonderful at their stores. I also have a wallet I think it is called the D-Light and has butterflies over it, really cute in my opinion and a bit more different (what I do like) than most Furlas. No clue about the other brand.

It is very basic and classic styling. I got my first one back in the late 1980's at Nordstrom, a black elegant satchel. When I mentioned to the SA I preferred nickel hardware, she told me that we could custom order it. Wow, I was only 18, and so impressed she took and interest in making me a happy customer.

A couple of weeks later, I was carrying my special bag. I wore it nearly every day for 10 years - but it's still in my closet, I just can't part with it.

My mom calls me "Amish" because i tend to like things that are unadorned - so it's a good match with Libaire.

I contacted the company and they are kind enough to send me color swatches. Being a hobo lover, I think I'm going to spring for one. They are very classic, understated looking!

I love Furla too! The styles are classic, the leather is amazing, the price is great (they have amazing sales), the SAs are generally very helpful - where I live the brand is not well know/popular but I think Furla is totally underrated and one of the best kept handbag secrets around! I am an LV fan and when I really got into LV, I sold all my other brands (Gucci, Fendi, Prada) but NOT my Furlas ;) love them too much!

I just received swatches from Libaire and I must say the quality of their leather is stupendous! Sumptuous and strong. After reading about their quality and how their bags lasted so long, I am going to click the mouse and place an order.

Do you think that Furlas could be going down in quality too since they are manufactured in Romania or for any other reason? I am wondering about this since I heard that their quality was great and I have no problem with my leather bag (though not the quality my Burberries are) but I also got a wallet which is PVC coated a month ago and it is now falling apart! The wallet is the one with butterflies on it called D-Light I believe so I am wondering if only their PVC coated styles have problems but they are not cheap either. I have also been interested in getting a bag in the Wizard of Oz design, I am totally in love with that style and now if anything that is not boring but they are also PVC coated. While my PVC coated Burberries are holding up great I am wondering if Furla has a problem with that?

The bags I was considering are these:

http://eu.furla.com/is-bin/INTERSHO...eviousUUID=&nextUUID=2yUKCgTU1mcAAAEqWsQreEIM

and this:

http://eu.furla.com/is-bin/INTERSHO...eviousUUID=&nextUUID=2yUKCgTU1mcAAAEqWsQreEIM

I am SOOO into these, they definitely defeat the saying that Furlas are boring and traditional, while most are in my opinion, these are definitely crazy bags.

Well, in case anyone would like to know I have been very happy with the Furla customer service and they recommended I take bag my wallet anyhow. I decided to get the Oz Gazing Ball bag apparently they said they have a double coating and will last- I love that bag.

Furla fan here! My latest purchase was a pink Furla wallet:

6966b479.jpg

@OVincze
As far as I know the leather bags are all made entirely in Italy, I don't know about accessories. Romania btw is an EU country following the EU commerce laws (Like Italy, France or Spain) and I don't see how this is making any products manufactured there inferior. What Furla products are made in Romania and what are your sources? Any links that prove that? Did you contact the company?

BgaHolic - did you click that mouse? Which one did you get?

Hi! No. I haven't. I was trying to decide between that and a Pierotucci bag. Then I tried on a BV bag and fell madly in love. I've learned from my experience in the past, it is most important for me to buy a bag that I have tried on in person because too many times I have gotten disappointed from seeing a photo and then seeing the bag IRL and trying it on. It never was the same.:wondering

one of my first bags was a furla, and if you like minimalist, well made purses and wallets, that are not too logo crazy or trendy, then it's a great brand...well made too.