funny story about speedy perfo

mas2388

O.G.
May 17, 2006
Fashion: built-in ventilation

I took my LV Perforated Speedy mall-walking this weekend and got a lot of notably mixed reactions. Although the bag was released on February 20, there has been a waitlist for months so most stores don't have the bag on display, hence not many people have seen one in person. One doubtful lady asked me "Uhmm-uhh-is that-uhh-new or something?" I could tell right away she thought either (1) it was fake or (2) I had too much time on my hands and hole-punched my monogram canvas speedy myself. The funniest question I got today was from the usher at the exhibit in Santa Monica, "Are you hiding a dog in there? Because there are no pets allowed." Perforated-holes-dog-get it? :smile:
—Closet Therapy of closettherapyblog.com

Haha that is a funny story. I havent had any reactions that I noticed when I took out thr perfo Musette. I'd love to have the speedy but im too small :sad:

Congrats on your bag You have to think if silly snippy comments back when they say stuff :smile: for kicks!

I've totally heard the dog carrier comment before. I didn't really understand it at first, but I guess people just don't understand perforation as pure decoration. I flipped out for the perfo line. Love it love it.

my bf told me the same dog bag comment when i looked at it in LV! he said if i used my pursebrite in there, the whole bag would light up if i turn the light on! hahaha

mas2388 said:
Although the bag was released on February 20, there has been a waitlist for months so most stores don't have the bag on display, hence not many people have seen one in person.

Hmmm... the LV store by me is over loaded with the perfo line. I really havent seen anyone buying them though. They must not be that popular where I am located.

Anyways... great story! Thanks for sharing. :smile:

^^^ Same here! It IS a funny story though.:lol: I was talking to my SA and told her that I was thinking of adding a perfo one to my speedy collection and she talked me out of it because we both said at the same time that it looks like a pet carrier.:shocked::lol:

LV_addict said:
^^^ Same here! It IS a funny story though.:lol: I was talking to my SA and told her that I was thinking of adding a perfo one to my speedy collection and she talked me out of it because we both said at the same time that it looks like a pet carrier.:shocked::lol:

You have just been turning down bags left and right! Irene, do we need to have a "talk"? :lol:

LV_addict said:

And almost the same price as one :smile: