FREAKING OUT...Gona CRY!!! Hair DISASTER!!!

Go back to your hairstylist, and ask for a deep conditioning treatment, and get those ends cut off. I would NOT get a straightener put on your hair because it would really break off BAD!!!!!!! (I am a hairstylist, btw) And, at home I would really baby it for a while, easy on the heat, and I would also suggest deep conditioning for a while, Joico K-PAK reconstructor is AMAZING!!!

ITA!!:yes:

:sad:
I'm still so shocked and so very upset!

But...thanks for all the advice gals! Really appreciate it!

UPDATE:

I went to a salon today...tried to cut off as much damage as possible while still keeping some length....but now it's just damaged short hair... ::SIGH::

Everything but the top 2 inches of my roots just feels coarse and frizzy..

I went to go buy some products today....as suggested I got the JOICO K PAK and also a hydrating one from Redken....I know it wont reverse the damage.. but I'll take anything that'll make my hair look more like human hair again!

I was looking for a good LEAVE IN DEEP CONDITIONER or THERAPY LOTION.. any suggestions???

THANKS ONCE AGAIN~~

:sad: ...looking for a good LEAVE IN DEEP CONDITIONER or THERAPY LOTION.. any suggestions???/quote]

It is not leave-in, but one of the best conditioners for dry or damaged hair is mayonnaise. Work it through your hair, and leave it in for a half hour or so, then shampoo it out, and use your conditioner of choice.

For a leave-in product, you might try one of the "curl creams," which contain oil as opposed to volumizing mousses, gels, etc, which are water or alcohol-based.

Or just work in a teensy bit of regular old coconut oil - NOT a lot, you don't want to make it greasy, just balance out the dryness.

Coconut oil has been used for thousands of years by millions of people, and while some of them don't use it as I am suggesting here, its basic principle is the same as the expensive oil-containing conditoners and creams.

You need to put protein back into your hair. So get a treatment....cut off some ends. You need to do treatments a couple times a week if it is that damaged. There isnt much else you can do.

I am so sorry. I did something very similar- I had my friend iron my hair straight-bad idea and bad memories. Deep conditiong products became my friend, cheap but good Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner

I can sympathize--several years ago I had a perm that fried my hair, too. I went back to the same salon and said I expected some remedy and they flat turned me down. I'm more assertive today and would have been insistent. I never went back there, but it seemed like forever to get rid of it.

At least really short hair isn't considered unusual now--you'll look trendy. Best wishes.

I have very unruly hair and the only thing that works on it is Bain de Terre Recovery Complex. It is a anti-frizz shine serum, maybe a little dab of this on damp hair will help tone down the look of the damage. Honestly if I blow my hair out without this stuff it does look like chem. damaged hair and this turns it into movie star hair (in my mind:wondering) I hope you can find something that works for you.

I'm so sorry this happened to you, you need to go back and demand that they sort your hair out. Cutting it will definitly help (i've recently had a lot of mine cut off after straightening and dying for so long, the difference in condition was amazing!)

Products wise, Kerastase deep conditioners are really good, as are the Redken Extreme range. I use Redken Anti-Snap too before styling my hair.

I hope you get everything sorted, hair disasters are a nightmare!

I was wondering if you went to a Korean owned salon for your digital perm? The reason I ask is that I (being Korean) have always had bad luck with perms at Korean Salons because they leave the chemicals on your hair too long! I just stopped going to Korean hair salons all together. I just got a digital perm two weeks ago (at a japanese salon) and I love my hair. I have no damage and it looks really good! I was so excited by my results! If you live in Los Angeles I can refer you to my stylist! She is great! I am so sorry to hear about your hair! I alway had bad luck with perms so I know how you feel to have damaged short hair! I know this is gross but I used to use horse shampoo when I was trying to grow out my hair. I don't know what it is but it makes your hair grow faster. Good luck.
ps: I have a great leave in conditioner. It's called "boce repair keep SR" made by moltobene. It's available at Japanese hair salons. I hope that helped. Good luck!

I got a perm once and this same thing happened to me...It broke nearly all of my hair off toward the front of my head and it never fully grew back. The back of my head is thick, but the front is fairly thin....

I would actually go and demand my money back. You warned her about your hair and it was her job to take the necessary precautions with chemically treated hair. If she did not condition it properly, then that is HER fault. I wouldn't go back and get it conditioned and cut, but NOT chemically straitened. Your hair is already fried from this treatment, so why in the world would you want to put more chemicals on your head?

ITA and I'm so sorry this happened to you. *hugs*

I'm sorry this happened...I know it hurts! It happened to me when my hair was highlighted and left too long under the drier. I had a panic attack and could not stop crying. I walked out of the salon and just sat there crying until my boyfriend came and we both went back inside and demanded that they do something.
I got a hair treatment and style and felt better and did not pay. I also wrote the company headquarters explaining their poor customer service because they just ignored me while I couldn't breathe and was sobbing uncontrollably in their presence. She sent my a gift certificate which I used at another salon. I never went back there again.
I think you should complain. I know it is hard because you have already taken care of the problem, but this should not have happened. Write them a letter. You deserve to get some reward or service if you will not get your money back. Management wants to know mistakes. They cannot afford to have this happen to someone else, so they will take care of you.

Im a stylist for Regis.
And I would highly suggest you to go back and get your money back. (by calling corporate...they will give you the number or if they are not a corporation you can get it through the salon however they work with refunds.)

If you made sure to tell her the condition of your hair and the dates of your last chemical service then it was her job to either not do it or have you sign a release form which would indicate whatever happens happens and it's at your own risk. But if she did neither of these, then you should get a full refund.

But do not get it chemically straightened! Relaxers contain lye which is the harshest of chemicals! Your going to have to just get it cut somewhere else ( or with them if they offer it for free) and use lots of reconstructors and deep conditioners. But definetly get your money back my salon gives up to 2 weeks to refund for a service..

Ugggghhh.....sounds horrid....I feel for you - anyway, absolutely positively no moe chemical treatments. You'd really be doing yourself in if you put anymore chemicals into your hair....First of all definitely go back to the salon, bypass your stylist and go straight to the manager of the salon. Explain the situation, in great detail, specifically about how you told your stylist about your previous chemical treatment. If she was any kind of stylist, she would of warned you of the dangers of the chemical treatment on top of previously treated hair....After that, the supervisor will probably offer to fix it, but don't go near the previous stylist...stick with the supervisor. Ask for a series of deep conditioning treatments (on the house of course), cut the dead ends off and let it grow....you are going to need a series of conditioning treatments, but because of what happened, you should go there so that you can get them free, as a reimbursement - with cuts......

Good Luck!

I was wondering if you went to a Korean owned salon for your digital perm? The reason I ask is that I (being Korean) have always had bad luck with perms at Korean Salons because they leave the chemicals on your hair too long!

I will have to stand up and defend the thousands of fine Korean owned and operated salons and Korean stylists that do not do this.

It is true that Asian and American Indigenous hair is naturally straight and reluctant to curl, so just as lightening products will be left on dark hair for a longer time, some curling products may be left on curl-resistant hair for a longer time.

However, any reputable salon, regardless of nationality or ethnicity of the salon owners, will be extremely cautious when chemical products are applied to hair, and if it would need to be left on too long, they will simply advise the client that such a process would be damaging to their hair, and suggest safer alternatives.

And if the client declines those, and insists on the chemicals, the stylist will decline to do it.

A really good and experienced stylist may be able to tell you, just by examining your hair, whether you would be a good candidate for a chemical process.

This is of course, ideal, but second best will be a stylist who will do a "test run" to see how your hair responds to a routine application, of a "conservative" chemical procedure, and go from there.

To use bleaching as an example, the stylist might try putting some on a lock of hair, and leaving it for the recommended time. If the hair shows no or very slight color change, that is an indication that for that particular head, bleaching is not a good option, since the bleach might need to be left on too long in order to achieve the desired color, and would very likely damage or destroy the hair.

And the same goes for chemical curling or straightening methods.

All this is to say that if you think you might be considering having anything done that involves chemicals, you cannot be too careful, or do too much research, when choosing a hairstylist.

Experience, talent, professionalism and skill are the things to look for, not a particular nationality!