Frayed Signature Tote :-(

stephers

Jun 13, 2007
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and a dedicated Coach addict! I can't believe I haven't found this forum sooner!

In the past few months I only just had the means to purchase my first ever Coach and I did it with a bang and bought The Signature Stripe Tote in Chocolate. I was sooooo happy and over the moon! This weekend I was examining my tote and noticed on one corner there are about 5 or 6 threads that have started to fray. I only bought her in February and I don't live near a Coach store. What should I do? :confused1: I haven't been hard on my baby and its only 1 corner, the others are fine.

Does anyone have any advice??

Cheers,
Stephers

You will need to send it in to Coach For Evaluation. You can drop it off at a boutiqe and they will charge you $20 I believe for the shipping back and forth. It takes about 6 - 8 weeks. They will decide if it can be repaired or perhaps if they determine that the bag during normal usage did not hold up they might even give you a new bag or a bag of similar monetary value. You might want to send a note along advising them that if they cannot fix the bag or replace it you would want your bag back.
On occasion they may write you a letter and tell you that the bag was not repairable and destroy the bag and they send you a letter stating you could have a bag of similar price - brand new. If you are not okay with this you should send them a letter as if they choose this route they will most likely dispose of your bag.

I will warn you though, I've been told that fraying signature falls under normal wear and tear. Since you bought it in feb, hopefully they will do something though!
GOOD LUCK! keep us posted!!!